Subject: Re: [nvo3] Poll for WG adoption and IPR check for draft-narten-nvo3-arch-01.txt

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:54:55 -0500

Matthew (and WG):

There have been some comments raised on the architecure document in
conjunction with the call for adoption. Speaking on behalf of the
design team, we are committed to addressing the issues that have been
raised. 

Indeed, there has also been some proposed text posted to the
list, some followup discussions, and more proposed text is in the
works.  Topics include:

    text on combined L3/L2 service
    text on Distributed inter-VN gateways
    Text on NVE interactions
    TTL handling

Given that those discussions are still ongoing, and we do not have
agreed upon text for all the above, we think it is best to adopt the
document in its original form (without making modifications) and then
revise the document going forward.

Thomas (and team)

---

From: "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:31:06 +0000

Thomas

I believe that is a reasonable approach as there is consensus to adopt the
draft. 

Please direct any discussion of these items should occur on the list so
that the subsequent version of the document reflects WG consensus.

Best regards

Matthew