Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-guecsum-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:50:39 -0800

This draft is based on feedback from Honolulu. This adds a checksum
option in GUE that should hopefully be adequate to protect against
address corruption when using zero checksums with UDP over IPv6. Also,
made it UDP-lite like so that some portion of payload can optionally
be checksummed.

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-guecsum-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-guecsum-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-guecsum
Revision:       00
Title:          Checksum option for Generic UDP Encapsulation
Document date:  2014-11-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          8
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-guecsum-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-guecsum/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-guecsum-00

Abstract:
   This specification defines the Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE)
   checksum and an associated header option. This checksum covers the
   GUE header, IP addresses, UDP ports, and optionally all or part of
   the encapsulated payload. It provides verification of protocol header
   elements, and is particularly relevant in the case where the UDP
   checksum is set to zero.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat