Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr-00.txt

From: Naoki Matsuhira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:17:06 +0900

This is new proposal for nvo3.

I think nvo3 might find this interesting.

Regards,

Naoki Matsuhira

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr-00.txt
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 22:22:59 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: Naoki Matsuhira <[email-masked]>, Naoki Matsuhira
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Naoki Matsuhira and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr
Revision:	00
Title:		Multiple Ethernet - IPv6 address mapping encapsulation - prefix
resolution
Document date:	2015-10-18
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matsuhira-me6e-pr-00

Abstract:
   This document specifies Multiple Ethernet - IPv6 address mapping
   encapsulation - Prefix Resolution (ME6E-PR) specification.  ME6E-PR
   makes expantion ethernet network over IPv6 backbone network with
   encapsuation technoogy.  And also, E6ME-PR can stack multiple
   Ethernet networks.  ME6E-PR work on non own routing domain.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:23:49 -0700

> This is new proposal for nvo3.
This looks like it is potentially a subset of ILA functionality.
Please look at https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-01.txt.
We could encode a VLAN and Ethernet address into an identifier with a
new identifier type.

Thanks,
Tom

> _______________________________________________
> nvo3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nvo3

---

From: Naoki Matsuhira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:36:26 +0900

Hi. Tom,

Thank you for your comment.

I am non native english reader/speaker, so I need more time to read your
draft. However, watching ILA for IPv4 virtual networking (page11), I
remember my other proposals such as

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-sa46t-spec-11.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-sa46t-pr-spec-05.txt
https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-sa46t-mcast-03.txt

(sa46t-mcast is expired. that's my mistake so will update).

I will read your I-D until yokohama meeting.

Thanks,

Naoki

(2015/10/20 1:23), Tom Herbert wrote:
>> From:<[email-masked]>
>> To: Naoki Matsuhira<[email-masked]>, Naoki Matsuhira