Subject: [nvo3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 17:57:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Split Network Virtualization Edge (Split-NVE) Control Plane Requirements
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Lawrence Kreeger
                          Thomas Narten
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-14.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-02-07

Abstract:
   In a Split Network Virtualization Edge (Split-NVE) architecture, the
   functions of the NVE (Network Virtualization Edge) are split across a
   server and an external network equipment which is called an external
   NVE.  The server-resident control plane functionality resides in
   control software, which may be part of hypervisor or container
   management software; for simplicity, this document refers to the
   hypervisor as the location of this software.

   Control plane protocol(s) between a hypervisor and its associated
   external NVE(s) are used by the hypervisor to distribute its virtual
   machine networking state to the external NVE(s) for further handling.
   This document illustrates the functionality required by this type of
   control plane signaling protocol and outlines the high level
   requirements. Virtual machine states as well as state transitioning
   are summarized to help clarify the protocol requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/