Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Distributed OAuth interim meeting summary

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:07:49 -0500

Dick presented the attached Distributed OAuth slides, which is the same
slides he presented
during the IETF meeting in Singapore.

Eve presented the attached UMA slides, which seems to have a wider scope
that covers
Federation of AS servers, but shares some of what is in the Distributed
OAuth draft.

The team then discussed the scope of the authorization: *host level* vs
*granular*.

It seems that there is a disagreement on the proper authorization scope,
and that
there are few other documents that discuss this same idea that need to be
taken
into considerations:

* OAuth Response Metadata
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sakimura-oauth-meta-08
* Resource Indicators for OAuth 2.0
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-resource-indicators-02
* OAuth 2.0: Audience Information
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-oauth-audience-00

The decision is to continue the discussion on the mailing list, and take
into considerations the
UMA solution and the above drafts.

We might schedule another interim meeting to continue that discussion to
try to come to a decision on the way forward before London.

Regards,
 Rifaat