Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Virtual OAuth Security Workshop 2020, July 21-24

From: Daniel Fett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 17:52:10 +0200

Website: https://osw2020.com/
Registration: https://barcamptools.eu/oauth-security-workshop-2020/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/secworkshop

The OAuth Security Workshop 2020 will be held as a virtual event on July
21 to 24. As Zoom Fatigue is a real thing, the workshop will be spread
over four days (compared to the originally planned three days).

As in 2019, the OSW will be a mix of pre-scheduled tutorials and talks,
and an unconference part where every participant can propose and conduct
a session. Sessions in the unconference are often driven by recent
discussions in the community, but can also be used to deep-dive into
topics from the talks and tutorials, or to discuss or work on any
OAuth-related topic.

The event will be free of charge. A prior registration is required:
https://barcamptools.eu/oauth-security-workshop-2020/

Schedule outline:

July 21 (Tutorials/Workshops day): On the first day, we will have two
tutorial slots with up to 3 hours each. If needed, multiple tutorials
can run in parallel.

July 22 (Talks day): The second day starts with the official opening of
the workshop, followed by two parallel tracks of talks with eight talk
slots each. Each talk is 25 minutes.

July 23 and July 24 (Unconference days): At the beginning of each of the
two days, sessions are proposed and scheduled in the plenum. Sessions
can be anything from talks to open discussions or tutorials. We will
have up to three parallel session tracks with five slots each (four plus
closing on the last day), 45 minutes each.

The precise times in various time zones can be found on the website:
https://osw2020.com/

The full schedule for talks and workshops will be published in June.

Session proposals for the unconference part can be submitted ahead of
time on the registration website.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me ([email-masked]).

-Daniel

---

From: Daniel Fett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 18:12:33 +0200

Hi all,

I hope that many of you can make it to the virtual OSW!

While the official call is closed, we can easily fit some more
tutorials/workshops or talks into the schedule. If you are interested to
host a session, please contact me.

Finding good start and end times for an event with participants from all
over the world is not easy. To find out which time zones we need to
accommodate for and when people in these time zones are usually working,
I took the mails from this mailing list as a guide line. I used a python
script to scrape and analyze the mails from the past 17 months. If you
are interested in the results, please see this sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1idVpjHdbbYfDEflUc8RXwfNoYWZWvITk7SMjh3T699o/edit?usp=sharing

In the end, the schedule ended up very close to the one of IETF 108,
which hopefully works for many attendees.

-Daniel

Am 31.05.20 um 17:52 schrieb Daniel Fett:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth