Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-par-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:47:44 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-par-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-par/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

I can only regret that the document shepherd write-up does not include anything
about the WG consensus.

Please find below one non-blocking COMMENT points (no need to reply), and some
nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 1 --
"traditional web applications but is prohibitively difficult to use with mobile
apps", I find the adverb "prohibitively" possibly slightly exagerated ;-)

== NITS ==

Is this "user-agent" or "user agent" ? As it is not about the HTTP header.

The PAR acronym for "pushed authorization requests" is defined but nearly never
used in the text.

-- Section 1 --
The first § is a single very long sentence. Consider splitting this long
sentence in shorter ones ? Same applies in other places in the document (e.g.,
1st sentence in section 2.4)