Subject: [Openpgp-dt] 20210730 meeting notes

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:55:16 +0100

# OpenPGP Design Team meeting

2021-07-30

present:
Werner Koch
Stephen Farrell
Daniel Huigens
Paul Wouters
Justus Winter
Daniel Kahn Gillmor

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/55
Tee this up for next week or week after, DT members please read this one 
for then if you can.

Action: Paul, split out intended recipient subpacket specific (MR 
currently has more)

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/59
## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/54

seems to be consensus that we should start dicsussion with 59 instead of 
54, but we don't want to lose the other changes in 54.

Action: dkg will make another MR based on top of 59 that includes the 
other stuff from 54.

We have deployment in GnuPG, RNP, and behind a feature flag in 
OpenPGP.js, Gopenpgp, and sequoia

DT feels comfortable that the patent claims on OCB have been released, 
but some additional documentation might be preferred.

DT is fine merging 59, and raising issues with the result as needed
Action: dkg will clean up and rebase 59 so that it can be merged
Action: dkg will rebase 54 on top of 59

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/22

Action: dkg will merge this into a branch associated with attestation 
signatures, and then flag any MR with that branch as unchartered

Close/kill - this is a typo in text that's not in the source file. Due 
to branch scariness, DKG will kill it later

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/51

DT seems fine with dropping this text.  Stephen closes

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/35
DKG rebase then merge

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/46
Merge

## https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/49
We're probably gonna have to come back to this one;-)

## For next week, please review:
     https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/48

Please go through was has been merged meaning 
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/commits/main/ or your fav 
equivalent