Subject: [Openpgp-dt] tagging merge requests for the crypto-refresh: "non-substantive" and "unchartered"

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 20:25:14 -0400

Hi folks--

I've started using two different tags on the merge requests in the
rfc4880bis repo on gitlab.  I hope you'll join me in doing so too.

The two tags are:

 - non-substantive: this identifies merge requests that make no
   substantive changes, but try to do little bits of cleanup, either in
   document structure or line-edits or tooling workflow.  They should be
   pretty safe/easy to review (and hopefully to approve).

 - unchartered: this is for proposed changes that are out of scope of
   the current charter.  They're not necessarily bad things, but they're
   things that might not be appropriate for the current work.  I
   recommend deferring these for now.

   I could have this wrong, and if you see something mis-tagged as
   "unchartered", please untag it and explain why it's in-scope.

Thanks for the ongoing work, it's good to see this design team pulling
together.

Regards,

        --dkg