Subject: [Openpgp-dt] 20210723 meeting notes

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 17:04:37 +0100

OpenPGP Design Team
2021-07-23 14:00Z

present:
     paul wouters
     stephen farrell
     daniel kahn gillmor
     justus winter
     daniel huigens

People did a good bit of work between the calls - yay! well done all 
(execpt Stephen who didn't:-)

Issue/Merge-request discussions:

# MR 48 - MTI algorithm issues
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/48

Discussion around usual MTI issues with old algorithms.
Notes were added in gitlab at URL above on the resolution the DT agreed.
This topic will need to be explicitly brought to the WG list, once the 
next I-D is issued.

# MR 44 - compatibility section
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/44 -- stephen 
and dkg see merge warnings (dkg commits to cleaning up the merge warning)

# MR 36
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/36
Approved

# MR 34
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/34
Daniel H to try later, meanwhile approved

# MR 47 - brainpool (and similar)
https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/47

There's also some implementation of bitcoin's curve and maybe also sm-x 
Chinese curves - not clear if there are stable refs for those (yet). 
There's also a 3rd BP curve (384) that's not listed in the merge request.
After discussion: maybe better for these less widely used curves to be 
documented elsewhere (assuming we improve the IANA registration rules). 
We probably need to ask the WG list (when next I-D produced) if that's ok.
Result: closed 47

dkg: make an MR for SBS proposal

Next meeting: 2021-07-30 same URL