Subject: [Openpgp-dt] OpenPGP Design Team Kickoff Meeting

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 08:15:16 -0400

Hi folks--

Welcome to the IETF OpenPGP Design Team.  Thanks for offering to do this
work together!

I'd like to have a synchronous online meeting for the DT soon to kick
things off.

To see whether next week (July 12-16) is possible, I've created this
poll:

    https://www.when2meet.com/?12264936-god1Q

Please fill it out to indicate which times would work for you.  I'd like
to plan the meeting with a 90-minute window, though hopefully we can
keep it to an hour.

The times listed in the poll are skewed toward Europe, since i think
that's where most of the DT is currently.  If the suggested times don't
work for you, please don't hesitate to propose an alternative on the
list here.

If anyone has a preference for what channel to use for the meeting,
please speak up! It'd be nice to have working video+audio for everyone
involved.

A draft of the agenda for the meeting is:

 - scheduling the work ahead
 - review of outstanding comments/questions on crypto-refresh-03
 - review of upcoming merges from the step-by-step branch
 - enumerate remaining chartered work

Feel free to suggest additions or modifications.

        --dkg

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 09:32:35 -0400 (EDT)

> - enumerate remaining chartered work

What seems missing is looking at the outstanding issues filed, some
of which were meant to be discussed after the "easy stuff" got
merged in.

Paul

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 09:39:22 -0400

> of which were meant to be discussed after the "easy stuff" got

Good call, thanks, Paul!  If anyone has a suggestion of how to
stage/categorize/triage these issues effectively, that'd be a good thing
to discuss too.

   --dkg

---

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 19:26:54 +0200

> To see whether next week (July 12-16) is possible, I've created this

Unfortunately I'll be on vacation the next two weeks.  Thus I can't
promise and fixed time for a meeting.  I will read and reply to mail,
though.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

-- 
Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:21:33 -0400

> To see whether next week (July 12-16) is possible, I've created this

The results of the poll suggest that Friday July 16 in the afternoon UTC
is the best time for everyone, though Werner might not be available.

I suggest that the design team meets for a kickoff meeting on the 16th
at 2pm UTC.  I heard no preference for a specific channel, so for now
i'll propose https://meet.jit.si/ShowerOverstateExtrude -- if anyone on
the DT has a preference for a different channel, please speak up.

Current agenda:

   - review of outstanding issues filed

I'm personally setting setting aside 2 hours for this (from 2pm UTC to
4pm UTC) but i'm hoping we can push through, divvy up tasks, and
complete the meeting in less time than that.

Please speak up and suggest alternatives or agenda bashing before Friday
if you can!

Regards,

     --dkg

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:00:21 -0400

> the DT has a preference for a different channel, please speak up.

Just as a reminder, this meeting is starting now.  Design Team members,
please join at https://meet.jit.si/ShowerOverstateExtrude

       --dkg