Subject: Re: Parser abilities, and MDCs (Re: pointers to openpgp-interopknowledge base?)

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:50:25 +1300 (NZDT)

John  W Noerenberg II <[email-masked]> writes:

>What I'm mainly concerned with as far as interoperability on this point is
>whether implementations support segmented packets, and the interpretation of
>of the data is consistent across implementations.

Mine doesn't.  If I get a huge amount of demand for it (which seems unlikely,
since none of the PGP versions I've got installed seem to produce them under
normal usage) I may add decode-only support for them.

Peter.

---

From: John W Noerenberg II <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:38:13 -0800

>normal usage) I may add decode-only support for them.

I've got an example that uses segmented packets generated with PGP 
7.0.3!  What I did was encrypt and sign a 2K text file.  I can't tell 
you why PGP 7.0.3 uses a segmented packet, but it certainly does.

-- 

john noerenberg
[email-masked]
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
   While the belief we  have found the Answer can separate us
   and make us forget our humanity, it is the seeking that continues
   to bring us together, the makes and keeps us human.
   -- Daniel J. Boorstin, "The Seekers", 1998
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------