Subject: Re: prefer "- From " instead of ">From "??

From: Marc Mutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:59:17 +0100

On Thursday 29 November 2001 14:32, John J Kane wrote:
<snip stuff "^From " with "- ">
> This may be the sanest way to handle that case.
> Comments?

For an OpenPGP implementation this is OK, I guess. But the real fix is 
replacing one of the five chars "From " with it's quoted-printable 
hexchar, e.g. "From=20". This kills all issues at the most appropriate 
level: The MUA.

But this only works for messages encoded in qp, though I wouldn't 
hesitate forcing the MUA to use qp for text that matches "^From ", 
KMail/Aegypten in our case.

Marc

- -- 
FTAA's anti-circumvention provisions represent US imperialism at its
worst. They seek to impose restrictive laws on both the US and other
countries, in order to prevent established US businesses from facing
both domestic and foreign competition.
              -- EFF FTAA Alert:
                 Stop Hollywood Forcing Technology Ban on 34 Countries