Subject: Re: Notation data language

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:58:37 +1300 (NZDT)

David Shaw <[email-masked]> writes:

>For what it's worth, although none have been officially described by the IETF,
>some notations are being used.  On my keyring at the moment exist a few
>notations names like "Certification" and "COMMENT" (and a handful of "foo", of
>course).

I'm using "issuerAndSerialNumber" to allow X.509 keys (eg in PKCS #11 tokens)
to create PGP signatures.

Peter.

---

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:24:54 +0100

> to create PGP signatures.

encoded according to rfc2253?

Does it make sense to encode the name like "oid.1.3.6.1.4.1.11591" so
that we have a defined namespace for such extensions?  There is also
Thomas Roessler's proposal based on DNS domains but for X.509 stuff
OIDs are the more natural approach.

  Werner