Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: WG Review: Media Server Control (mediactrl)

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:21:32 +0200

Please pay attention at the following discussion around the WG Review
for Media Server Control (MEDIACTRL)
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/EVALUATIONS/mediactrl-charter.txt which will be
discussed at the 2/22 IESG telechat. 

Feedback about this proposed charter and the relationship with O&M is
welcome. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Pekka Savola [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 3:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WG Review: Media Server Control (mediactrl) 

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, IESG Secretary wrote:
> Given the wide acceptance of the media server, we need a standard way 
> to control them.

This, and taking a look at draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-05.txt
which seems to be relevant here, seems to imply this group is about to
build a management framework for SIP services.  I'm not sure if such a
framework has been chartered yet in other WGs, and if not, this would be
the first time, bearing closer scrutiny how to do it correctly.

How much the manamgement part of O&M has been consulted?  What is the
model of co-operation with the IETF management expertise?

> MILESTONES
>
> APR 2007 Requirements Document
> JUN 2007 Framework Document
> NOV 2007 Conference Control Protocol
> MAR 2008 IVR Control Protocol
> JUN 2008 Broker Protocol or BCP

These are horribly vague.  Are the dates for WG adoption?  WGLC? 
Shipping off to the IESG?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area