Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: Chairs: Helping out remote participants

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:45:51 +0200

OPS-Chairs,

Please take into account this request from a remote participant. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Philip Matthews
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:19 PM
To: IETF Discussion
Subject: Chairs: Helping out remote participants

Just a quick note on what chairs could do to help out remote
participants, from someone who is trying to participate remotely for the
first time this week.

In order of priority (most important first):

1) Ensure all meeting materials are uploaded before the session begins.
Ideally, the various presentations would be listed (on the meeting
materials page) in the same order as they appear in the agenda, but
otherwise they should have good names so  the correct presentation can
be easily found. [Following a presentation without seeing the slides can
be VERY difficult.]

2) Ensure everyone uses a microphone.

3) Ensure someone monitors the jabber chat room. If you cannot find a
scribe, at least have someone watching for questions, especially simple
questions like "what slide are we on now" or "who is that at the mic?".

4) Ensure all presentations have slide numbers and have the jabber
person type in slide changes. (It is often hard to tell from just audio
clues).

Thanks!

- Philip

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area