Subject: [OPS-AREA] Dan's AD notes for August 2008

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:59:12 +0200

Following the initiative of a couple of other ADs I am starting to send
activity notes at the end of each month. Please do not see these as a
complete report, but rather as a working space for my part of the area.
Please let me know if you find this useful and keep me honest by asking
questions, reminding me on action items I may be slow in answering and
filling in the details that I may have missed or gotten wrong. 

Thanks and regards,

Dan

IESG and other AD issues

- statement on modified interim meetings procedures
- DISCUSS on draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib
- DISCUSS on draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes based on feedback and
discussions on the MIB-Doctors list
- individual submission  draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation -
working on RFC Editor Notes to answer issues raised by AD Pasi Eronen
- DISCUSS on draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-09 based on DNS-DIR review
from Peter Koch - cleared after publication of version 10
- DISCUSS and COMMENT on draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns based on
DNS-DIR review by Peter Koch
- individual submission draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01 in IESG review -
DISCUSSes by Chris Newman and Mark Townsley, ABSTAINs by David Ward and
Cullen Jennings based on extensibility and process issues
- nmrg submission draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure approved by the IESG as
Informational RFC
- DISCUSS on L2VPN rechartering proposal because of unclear scope of
work related to OAM

GENERAL Area Issues

- no open calls in August, will be started again in September
- submitted preliminary OPSAREA Open meeting minutes for review  

Working Groups

ADSLMIB

- no activity, draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-06 is in AD review (227 pages
document!)

CAPWAP

- draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification and
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211 are waiting for Revised ID,
to solve problems raised in reviews by Pasi Eronen
- the WG chairs asked for draft-ietf-capwap-dhc-ac-option and
draft-ietf-capwap-threat-analysis to be hold so that the submission to
the IESG is made together with draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification

DIME 

- AD review of draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters - Revised ID needed
- AD review of draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated - sent to IETF Last Call,
comments will be treated as IETF LC comments
- issues related to draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01- dealt with Brian
Carpenter's GenART comments and with comments from ADs during IESG
review, need to accelerate the approval and submission to the IESG of
rfc3588bis 

IMSS

- following-up final changes on draft-ietf-imss-fc-fcsp-mib in AUTH48
- WG may go dormant after this

IPCDN

- draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess had all DISCUSSes cleared and was
approved as PS. Announcement was sent, and the I-D placed in RFC Editor
queue

IPFIX

- commented on NMRG planned workshop, recommending change of scope from
NetFlow to Netflow/IPFIX

NETCONF 

- Pasi Eronen asked to confirm that the RFC Editor notes of
draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation are OK with the WG
- pushed on Security ADs for advice on NETCONF over TLS and following
their advice the chairs called for consensus on the proposal for remove
all text related to password authentication - watching these
- following the discussion on the compatibility of the XSD types
resulted from the review of draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring
- watching discussions on the WG list on new work: with-defaults

NETMOD 

- approved an Interim Meeting scheduled for October 8-10
- following up with APPS Ads the chairs request to have nominated a
technical advisor with knowledge of RelaxNG and experience in data
modeling
- watching discussions to create Web pages to provide info on motivation
- watching new I-Ds and WG mail list

OPSAWG 

- draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery was approved by the IESG for
PS and sent to RFC Editor Queue
- commented on first versions of 'OAM acronym soup' -
draft-andersson-mpls-tp-oam-def in works

PMOL

- no activity

PSAMP

- no activity

RADEXT

- watching discussions on crypto-agility and RADIUS Design Guidelines
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization is in Publication requested
and in my review queue, will be reviewed in the next few days

AAA-Doctors

- published minutes of informal lunch
- watching as team started to operate under new secretary, team wiki
created by Hannes under DIME wiki

MIB-Doctors

- sent IEEE P802.1ap in Sponsor Ballot for review
- forwarded request for early review of BFD MIB -
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfd-mib-05.txt
- forwarded draft-ietf-forces-mib IETF Last Call announcement

Other 

- individual submission  draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation -
working on RFC Editor Notes to answer issues raised by AD Pasi Eronen
- expert review for ifType name Ethernet Link Protection (positive
recommendation)
- updated IANA registry to point to me as reviewer for AVP codes as per
RFC3588 (was still pointing to Bert Wijnen)
- hold teleconference with IANA and editor of
draft-eastlake-ethernet-iana-considerations to synchronize document and
content of Web pages while the IANA pages are XML-ized

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area