Subject: [OPS-AREA] call for agenda items for the OPSAREA open meeting at IETF-87

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 09:37:55 +0200

Dear all,

We are planning again for a joint OPSAWG and OPSAREA open meeting, with 
the OPSAWG work items driving most of the agenda. The more general 
cross-area items or those related to the relation between work in the 
area and work out of the IETF should be part of the OPSAREA section.

Please send us your requests for presentation and discussion slots.

Thanks and Regards,

Joel and Benoit

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:04:14 +0200

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 09:37:55AM +0200, Benoit Claise wrote:
> Dear all,
> 
> We are planning again for a joint OPSAWG and OPSAREA open meeting,
> with the OPSAWG work items driving most of the agenda. The more
> general cross-area items or those related to the relation between
> work in the area and work out of the IETF should be part of the
> OPSAREA section.
> 

Joel and Benoit,

in the NETMOD working group we are creating a YANG serialization of
the IANA interface type registry. This led to a number of issues about
the way the registry works, what makes a separate interface type (and
this is related to the intended usage of the registry), the fact that
the rules how this registry works does not seem to be documented (at
least we had trouble finding a concise definition), etc. If you have
5-10 minutes time, we might talk about this a bit and determine
whether there is anything to be done to improve the registry or to
better document it.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:09:51 +0200

Hi Jürgen,

That makes sense to me.

Regards, Benoit