Subject: [opsarea-chairs] OPS-DIR meeting minutes: July 29th 2013

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:37:29 +0200

Dear all,

Here are the topics we addressed during this OPS-DIR lunch.

1. Gunter was announced as a second OPS-DIR secretary.
Gunter went through the process of explaining the OPS-DIR document 
assignment
OPS-DIR member: please don't forget to quickly answer if you can't or 
are unwilling to review a document, or just to acknowledge the request
ACTION: Gunter, please send the slides
ACTION: Gunter/Tina to send a reminder if no news were received within a 
couple of days
ACTION: Gunter to investigate the gen-art tool

2. OPS-DIR goals
A big task is the document reviews, but that's not all: OPS advisor is 
also an important part of the job.
ACTION: Joel/Benoit to review the list of OPS-DIR members
ACTION: Joel/Benoit to ask if the new OPS chairs want to join OPS-DIR

3. WG summaries to be shared at the end IETF week
This message is for the OPS chairs. This is what Joel sent:

    The deadlines for WG summaries is:

    Friday at 13:130

    if your group meets before friday it would be great if they were sent by
    Thursday evening.

    if you'd like some examples of what was done for IETF 86, it is here:

    http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/ops/trac/wiki/IETF86summary

    We're looking to briefly capture the major events, this is by no means
    supposed to be as comprehensive as the minutes.

4. Early OPS-DIR review, during the WGLC
Note: this is a current experiment for the gen-art reviews
Conclusion:
     No automatic OPS-DIR review,
     However, if there is a specific request, we will find a reviewer
In the latter case, we must find someone (100 % hit rate). That person 
might have to follow the draft evolution, potentially subscribing to the 
WG mailist list. Having the gen-art would be useful, so that we don't 
reassign this draft when the IETF LC comes

5. document shepherd in IESG telechat

Regards, Joel and Benoit