Subject: [opsarea-chairs] WG management: admin tasks good practice

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:40:14 +0000

Dear all,

Let me stress a couple of easy admin tasks.
I'm certainly an admin/process guy, but when those tasks are up to date, 
it gives a quick overview of a WG status, useful not only to your ADS, 
but also to the WG chairs and community.

- Associate a draft with a milestone.
For example, in http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dime/charter/, you see:

    May 2012, Submit 'Diameter Application Design Guidelines' to the
    IESG for consideration as a BCP document
    draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide
    <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide/>

How to do that?
Click on Add or edit milestones 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dime/milestones/> in datatracker page 
for your charter, then double click on the entry you want to edit

- Update the milestone status (Done) and dates
How to do that?
Click on Add or edit milestones 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dime/milestones/> in datatracker page 
for your charter, then double click on the entry you want to edit

- Create new milestones when necessary.
For example, when new documents, not part of the initial milestones 
list, are accepted by the WG.
How to do that?
Click on Add or edit milestones 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dime/milestones/> in datatracker page 
for your charter, then click "add milestone"

- Assign a shepherd earlier in the process.
For example, look at the active WG doc at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/netmod/
How to do that?
In the datatracker page for the draft, click on "Document shepherd"

- Update the "replace-by" information
For example: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis/, you see:

    Document type: Active Internet-Draft (netconf WG
    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/netconf/>)
    Replaces:
    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis/edit/replaces/>draft-badra-netconf-rfc5539bis
    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-badra-netconf-rfc5539bis/>

How to do that?
In the datatracker page for the draft, click on "Replaces"

Regards, Benoit