Subject: [OPSAWG] Report on RadSec

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:16:37 +0200

Hello all,

as promised in the opsawg session at IETF69, here's a short report on what 
happened in the radiusext wg session:

I held a very similar presentation at radiusext, and it stirred up an 
interesting (and polarised) discussion.

It turned out that radsec could solve also one of the wgs chartered problems: 
crypto-agility. In a hand-count, the supporters of the in-charter 
crypto-agility solution ("keywrap" version -14) vs. RadSec was roughly 50-50.

It also turned out that a re-charter of radiusext would be necessary to 
include the radsec work, some had strong feelings against that re-chartering, 
others supported it.

Another important point raised was that possibly RadSec is challenged by the 
very same patents from Nokia that Diameter is. A follow-up patent research 
will be done.

I will keep further reports and discussions on the radiusext mailing list, 
since it seems to be the place where people are most interested in the topic. 
Those of you interested in the topic, please join [email-masked].

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

-- 
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de 
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg
E-Mail: [email-masked]     Tel.:     +352 424409-1
http://www.restena.lu                Fax:      +352 422473
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg