Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language
	Author(s)       : B. Natale
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-10-28

This memo (when approved as a standards-track RFC) defines the IETF
standard expression of Structure of Management Information (SMI) base
datatypes in Extensible Markup Language (XML) Schema Definition (XSD)
language.  The primary objective of this memo is to enable the
production of XML documents that are as faithful to the SMI as
possible, using XSD as the validation mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 02:48:35 -0400

Hi folks,

I would appreciate moving this document to WG last call now.

All corrections to the XSD mappings received in feedback to previous
versions have been incorporated in this version (Sec. 4).  Textual
adjustments in the surrounding sections to account for feedback
received have been made, where applicable.  Awareness of related
discussions on other OPSAREA e-mail lists have been taken into
consideration, where applicable.

This is a WG work item with a limited and well-defined purpose: To
enable the faithful rendering of MIB object values, as encoded in the
base datatypes specified in the SMI, in XML documents (or document
fragments) which are valid in accordance with the XSD specified in this
document.

Cheers,
BobN

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working
Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema
Definition Language
	Author(s)       : B. Natale
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-10-28

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-
xsd-04.txt