Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Your IETF draft on LTE network configuration

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:36:35 +0800

Hi Laurent,
Thanks for your questions.
Replies in line...
I cc opsawg for clarification, hope you don't mind.

B. R.
Tina

http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Laurent Schumacher 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 2:56 PM
  Subject: Your IETF draft on LTE network configuration

  Dear editor of draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement,

  Two quick questions, if you allow me to:

      * Where is this draft discussed? NetConf working group mailing list?
  It is proposed to be discussed in OPSAWG rather than the NetConf. 

  The scope discussed is wider and it is for the whole network instead of an interface.

      * Could middlebox configuration (draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw) as
        considered in Next Steps In Signalling (draft-ietf-nsis-ext)
        provide any relief for the automatic generation of network
        configuration? One of the most interesting features of this
        framework could be the automatic discovery of NSIS peers through
        GIST. This however has the pre-requisite of IP connectivity.

  The middlebox configuration is used for traversing NAT/firewall. 

  The problem stated is to automatically configure related parameters for the tunnel between NMS and network device in order to setup the session tunnel. This configuration exists before the IP connectivity is setup.

  Best regards,
  LS

  -- 
  Laurent Schumacher <[email-masked]>
  Faculty of Computer Science, UCLouvain, Namur Campus
  ------------------------------------------------------------
          Web page: http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/~lsc/
  ------------------------------------------------------------