Subject: [OPSAWG] Fw:New Version Notification for draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:33:47 +0900

Dear all,

I submitted an I-D about virtual network operations.
Based on the comments to my presentation at the Stockholm 
meeting, I updated the I-D.

Submitted I-D:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01.txt

This I-D proposes an UML-based information model for virtual 
networks. It describes the structure of physical network 
devices and virtual network devices and the relationship 
between them. This information model is used as the base of 
actual datamodels like MIBs or XML-based datamodels.

> Scott
I'd like to take a presentation and discuss this topic at 
the opsawg meeting in Hiroshima. Could you assign me a slot?

Regards,

Hideki Okita

>A new version of I-D, draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Hideki Okita and posted to the IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-okita-ops-vnetmodel
>Revision:	 01
>Title:		 Virtual Network Management Information Model
>Creation_date:	 2009-10-21
>WG ID:		 Independent Submission
>Number_of_pages: 25
>
>Abstract:
>Virtual switches on server virtualization platforms cause a problem
>in managing data center networks containing several hundred switches.
>Accordingly, a management information model for the network structure
>of data center networks containing virtual switches is proposed.  The
>proposed model consists of a physical layer (which represents
>connections between physical switches) and a virtual layer (which
>represents connections between virtual switches).  These layers also
>represent the association of the virtual switch with the
>corresponding physical switch.  The model shortens the virtual LAN
>(VLAN) configuration time taken by operators of data center networks
>by a maximum of 35%.  This result shows that the proposed model is
>effective in reducing the management time of data center networks
>containing virtual switches.
>                                                                                  
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat.