Subject: [OPSAWG] Apply a presentation for draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:49:40 +0800

Hi Scott,
May I apply a presentation in Hiroshima for OPSA WG meeting?
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00.txt

B. R.
Tina

http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

----- Original Message ----- 
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 11:37 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00

A new version of I-D, draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Tina Tsou (Ting ZOU) and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename: draft-tsou-network-configuration-problem-statement
Revision: 00
Title: Network configuration problem statement
Creation_date: 2009-10-19
WG ID: Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
In LTE (Long Term Evolution) bearer network, there will be a large
number of network elements and service tunnels which will bring a lot
of configuration work. The cost will be very high if all these work
is performed manually.

In order to reduce the workload of configuration to minimum, the
following questions should be considered:

o How to establish the DCN (Data Communication Network) connections

automatically to avoid making configuration locally?

o How to establish the DCN connections automatically between

different vendors' network elements or how to pass through

different service providers' network?

o How to get network element and link information of the real

network based on the information from network planning?

o How to generate configuration scripts to setup network and service

links automatically in order to reduce configuration design

workload.

LTE is a typical scenario which involves large number of network
elements and service tunnels. Other scenarios like IPTV may also have
network configuration problems discussed in this document.

This document discusses problems related to lightening network
configuration workload and better transmission tunnel setup between
network elements and NMS (Network Management System).

The IETF Secretariat.