Subject: [OPSAWG] request for presentation slot regarding perfmon drafts RE: call for slots

From: "Aamer Akhter (aakhter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:20:46 -0600

Hi OPSAWG,

I would like to request a presentation slot for a review, current status of the perfmon drafts. The focus would be on the methodology document. 

	draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-ipfix 	 
	draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-method 	 

   There is a need to be able to quantify and report the performance of
   network applications and the network service in handling user data.
   This performance data provides information essential in validating
   service level agreements, fault isolation as well as early warnings
   of network greater problems.  This document describes a generic
   methodology for calculating metrics related to network based
   applications.  In addition, to the performance metrics, several
   additional information elements are included to help provide greater
   context to the reports.  The measurements use audio/video
   applications as base examples but are not restricted to these class
   of applications.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Christopher LILJENSTOLPE
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] call for slots

Greetings,

	It's getting time again folks.  Scott and I would like to see what we might need in terms of slots for Paris.  Can you please write to the group with requests.  We will be strongly biased to drafts already being discussed on the mailing list.  

	Chris

--  
李柯睿
Check my PGP key here: https://www.asgaard.org/~cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: https://www.asgaard.org/~cdl/cdl.vcf

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:31:23 +0900

>    applications as base examples but are not restricted to these class

isn't this bmwg stuff?

randy

---

From: "Aamer Akhter (aakhter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:54:51 -0600

Hi Randy,

We're talked about it in BMWG, but as this proposal is regarding outside
the lab (which is where the BMWG work exists) application traffic OPSAWG
seemed to be the closest match.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Bush [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 1:31 AM
To: Aamer Akhter (aakhter)
Cc: Christopher LILJENSTOLPE; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] request for presentation slot regarding perfmon
drafts RE: call for slots

isn't this bmwg stuff?

randy