Subject: [OPSAWG] FW: I-D Action: draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt

From: Balaji Venkat Venkataswami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:41:40 +0530

Hi all,

Cross-posting this draft to the opsawg-group for comments / suggestions
as it may be of relevance.

thanks and regards,
Jana and team.

From: Balaji venkat Venkataswami [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:40 AM
To: Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

       Title           : Traceflow
       Author(s)       : Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                         Richard Groves
                         Peter Hoose
       Filename        : draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt
       Pages           : 43
       Date            : 2012-01-24

  This document describes a new OAM protocol - TraceFlow that captures
  information pertaining to a traffic flow along the path that the flow
  takes through the network. TraceFlow is ECMP and link-aggregation
  aware and captures the information about constituent members through
  which the traffic flow passes. TraceFlow gathers information that is
  relevant to the flow such as outgoing interface Layer 3 address,
  Next-hop to which the packet of the flow is forwarded, effect of
  network policies such as access control lists on the flow. This draft
  requires the Traceflow protocol to be processed by Layer 3 devices
  only. Devices such as Layer 2 devices, MPLS LERs/LSRs along the way
  are passed through without any processing as if in a pass-through
  mode. IP tunnels such as IP-in-IP, IP-in-GRE mechanisms are expected
  to pass the Traceflow packets through them using the pass through
  mode.  For achieving its purpose Traceflow advocates the use of a
  specific UDP destination port to be assigned from IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-janapath-intarea-traceflow-00.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce%0d%0aInternet-Draft> directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt