Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 06:44:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Overview of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Tools
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Nurit Sprecher
                          Elisa Bellagamba
                          Yaacov Weingarten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-12.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2014-01-09

Abstract:
   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is a general term
   that refers to a toolset for fault detection and isolation, and for
   performance measurement. Over the years various OAM tools have been
   defined for various layers in the protocol stack.

   This document summarizes some of the OAM tools defined in the IETF in
   the context of IP unicast, MPLS, MPLS for the transport profile
   (MPLS-TP), pseudowires, and TRILL. This document focuses on tools for
   detecting and isolating failures in networks and for performance
   monitoring. Control and management aspects of OAM are outside the
   scope of this document. Network repair functions such as Fast Reroute
   (FRR) and protection switching, which are often triggered by OAM
   protocols, are also out of the scope of this document.

   The target audience of this document includes network equipment
   vendors, network operators and standard development organizations,
   and can be used as an index to some of the main OAM tools defined in
   the IETF. This document provides a brief description of each of the
   OAM tools in the IETF. At the end of the document a list of the OAM
   toolsets and a list of the OAM functions are presented as a summary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/