Subject: [OPSAWG] FW: New Version Notification for draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling-02.txt

From: "Byju Pularikkal (byjupg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 05:59:05 +0000

Dear working group members,
Kindly request some feedback from the community on the following work
item. This covers deployment scenarios and some best practice
recommendations for Carrier Wi-Fi calling. We do see lot of relevance in
the industry on this topic, as many mobile carriers have deployed the
solution and it is also triggering partnerships between Mobile Carriers
and Wi-Fi Service Providers.

Appreciate your time in reviewing this and providing some feedback on the
content prior to IETF 98

Regards

Byju

On 2/24/17, 1:46 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Byju Pularikkal and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling
>Revision:	02
>Title:		Carrier Wi-Fi Calling Deployment Considerations
>Document date:	2017-02-24
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		26
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling-
>02.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling-02
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pularikkal-opsawg-wifi-calling-02
>
>Abstract:
>   Carrier Wi-Fi Calling is a solution that allows mobile operators to
>   seamlessly offload mobile voice signaling and bearer traffic onto Wi-
>   Fi access networks, which may or may not be managed by the mobile
>   operators.  Mobile data offload onto Wi-Fi access networks has
>   already become very common, as Wi-Fi access has become more
>   ubiquitous.  However, the offload of mobile voice traffic onto Wi-Fi
>   networks has become prevalent only in recent years.  This was
>   primarily driven by the native Wi-Fi Calling client support
>   introduced by device vendors.  The objective of this document is to
>   provide a high level deployment reference to Mobile Operators and Wi-
>   Fi Operators on Carrier Wi-Fi Calling.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>