Subject: [OPSAWG] Document Action: 'Secure Device Install' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:15:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Secure Device Install'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-13.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi/

Technical Summary

This document provides a guide for vendors to extend existing auto-install
   / Zero-Touch Provisioning mechanisms to make the process more secure for
   operators.

Working Group Summary

The document receives a modest amount of discussion and was reviewed by a
number of people who provided useful additions.  Given that the document is
a guide and does not specify a directly implementable protocol, it was
difficult for reviewers to say very much about the protocol, as the details
will be up to vendors who implement this.

Document Quality

No vendors have committed to implement this protocol.
The document still contains a number of editorial [] notes, some of which
make the document seem very uncertain.  Ignoring the notes, the document is
actually quite mature.

No MIB or YANG doctor was needed.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Michael Richardson.
The Responsible area Director is Robert Wilton.