Subject: [OPSAWG] RFC 8969 on A Framework for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:36:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8969

        Title:      A Framework for Automating Service 
                    and Network Management with YANG 
        Author:     Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    D. Lopez,
                    C. Xie,
                    L. Geng
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8969

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8969

Data models provide a programmatic approach to represent services and
networks. Concretely, they can be used to derive configuration
information for network and service components, and state information
that will be monitored and tracked.  Data models can be used during
the service and network management life cycle (e.g., service
instantiation, service provisioning, service optimization, service
monitoring, service diagnosing, and service assurance).  Data models
are also instrumental in the automation of network management, and
they can provide closed-loop control for adaptive and deterministic
service creation, delivery, and maintenance.

This document describes a framework for service and network
management automation that takes advantage of YANG modeling
technologies. This framework is drawn from a network operator
perspective irrespective of the origin of a data model; thus, it can
accommodate YANG modules that are developed outside the IETF.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC