Subject: [OPSAWG] Review of draft-lear-opsawg-ol

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:56:04 +0000

I had a read through draft-lear-opsawg-ol.  I find the concept of adding
owner and license metadata to YANG artifacts useful.  Eliot mentioned a
desire to make this MUD-agnostic at the mic during 111, but that seems
to only extend as far as the title.  The contents still very much rely
on MUD.

In reading through this, I feel there is a nice tie-in to
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format (so copying Balazs and
Benoit) as, while they have contact and org metadata for instance data,
they don't have an owner or license per se.  I think having ol augment
the instance data file module would be beneficial.

On the ol work itself, I think the SPDX URL should fit into a reference
under its leaf, and I wonder if there is a well-defined pattern for SPDX
that can further refine the string type?

Joe

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 20:05:15 +0200

Hi Joe,

I could totally turn ol inside out and make it a standalone module that 
the MUD augmentation just includes.  Is that something people would prefer?

Eliot

On 04.08.21 16:56, Joe Clarke (jclarke) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>