Subject: [OPSAWG] RFC 9105 on A YANG Data Model for Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System Plus (TACACS+)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 14:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9105

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for 
                    Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System Plus 
                    (TACACS+) 
        Author:     B. Wu, Ed.,
                    G. Zheng,
                    M. Wang, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-yang-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9105

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9105

This document defines a Terminal Access Controller Access-Control
System Plus (TACACS+) client YANG module that augments the System
Management data model, defined in RFC 7317, to allow devices to make
use of TACACS+ servers for centralized Authentication, Authorization,
and Accounting (AAA). Though being a standard module, this module
does not endorse the security mechanisms of the TACACS+ protocol (RFC
8907), and TACACS+  be used within a secure deployment.

The YANG module in this document conforms to the Network Management
Datastore Architecture (NMDA) defined in RFC 8342.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC