Subject: [OPSEC] Comments on draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 09:18:02 -0700

Hello,

There's a couple of drafts that may be relevant to this.

Section 5.3 of draft-ietf-6man-rfc6434-bis describes how a host may
drop packets that contain to many options in an DO or HBH EH (i.e. a
mitigation against DOS attack).

draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits describes ICMP errors that may be sent if
a packet with EH is dropped because it's limits for processing the
extension headers are exceeded.

Tom

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 20:10:28 +0300

Hello, Tom!

> extension headers are exceeded.

Thanks for the comments! We'll incorporate pointers to these docs in the
next rev.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492