Subject: RE: [Ospf-manet] Update to OSPF-MDR draft

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:54:09 +0000

>In fact, there are situations in which MPRs (without backups)
>simply fail, even if links are reliable (or if ACKs and
>retransmissions are used to ensure all neighbors receive
>each transmitted LSA).

This well-known example (in fact you can eliminate nodes
4 and 7) could, as your parenthesis notes, happen with an
over-simple extension to ACKs and retransmissions. I'm not
sufficiently up with the OSPF-MANET proposal to note if
that handles this properly (I would hope so - and I also
hope to find the time to get up to speed here). But just
to avoid confusion, the reference to reliable links is
potentially misleading, if the links really are reliable
and there is no retransmission (at any protocol level -
including no use of e.g. sequential transmission on
sectored antennas) then MPRs are reliable (or in other
words, OLSR works).

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Ospf-manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-manet