Subject: [Ospf-manet] Initial Scenario Description

From: "Bose, Pratik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:58:49 -0500

Tom (and/or anyone else who knows)
 
I would like to understand the random way point scenario that was
conducted a bit better. Is there any more info that I can be pointed to
(more than what is in Section 4.1 of the current report). 
 
Thanks, 

Pratik
_______________________________________________
Ospf-manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-manet

---

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:34:32 -0800

The code that implements this can be found at
SRC/mobility-random-waypoint.{cc,h}.  It is not documented anywhere else
AFAIK.  There are some other example scripts in the EXAMPLES/ directory
(testwirelessgrid*) that use the mobility models.  Also, the simulator
can be configured to generate animations such as shown in Figure A.6 of
the documentation, or at the website:
http://hipserver.mct.phantomworks.org/ietf/ospf/
 
Figure 4-1 describes what happens.  Each node starts at a random
location on the grid, picks a new random location on the grid, moves
there with constant velocity, and once there, pauses for a fixed amount
of time before picking a new random location.  In most of the plots in
the report, we used a grid size of 500 m^2, pause time of 40 seconds,
and velocity of 10 m/s, and a radio range of 250 m (the radio models are
described in more detail in Section 3.2).
 
Tom

________________________________

	From: Bose, Pratik [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:59 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Ospf-manet] Initial Scenario Description

	I would like to understand the random way point scenario that
was conducted a bit better. Is there any more info that I can be pointed
to (more than what is in Section 4.1 of the current report). 
	 
	Thanks, 
	
	Pratik