Subject: RE: [Ospf-wireless-design] Studies on CDS robustness and on Partialtopology in OSPF Wireless

From: "Spagnolo, Phillip A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:02:10 -0700

Emmanuel,

> 
> - Partial Topology in an MPR-based Solution for Wireless OSPF 
> on Mobile Ad Hoc
> Networks:
> http://www.inria.fr/rrrt/rr-5619.html

I have a question about section 3 of your document entitled "Approach
without Route Stretch".  I was wondering if this approach will work from
the OSPF perspective using Overlapping Relays (OR)s.  ORs attain their
2-hop information from their router-LSAs, so I think there are some
circular dependency problems.  

For example, if you calculate your MPRs and MPR selectors by collecting
2-hop information in your router-LSAs, and you form adjacencies based on
your MPR and MPR selectors from which create your router-LSAs then I see
some potential difficulties.  

Also, your MPR and MPR selectors sets will change based on what
adjacencies you form when using router-LSAs to advertise 2-hop info.

Do you understand my question?  Thanks for your response.

Sincerely,
Phil

_______________________________________________
Ospf-wireless-design mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-wireless-design

---

From: Emmanuel Baccelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:01:12 +0200

Hi Phil,

yes i think i understand your question. I agree that obtaining 2-hop 
information via LSAs may not the
best solution overall. However, i don't see why Overlaping Relays could 
not use Hellos to obtain
2-hop information, which could be a better solution?

Cheers
Emmanuel