Subject: [Ospf-wireless-design] Studies on CDS robustness and on Partial topology in OSPF Wireless

From: Emmanuel Baccelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:47:27 +0200

Hi all,

We have been conducting a study on the robustness of CDS flooding coverage in
face of mobility and transmission errors. We have found that
neighbor-designated CDS (such as MPR) offer a much better resilience in these
conditions than self-selected CDS. This confirms previous independent studies
that were done on this subject. The results of these studies were published and
are available there:

- On the Robustness and Stability of Connected Dominating Sets:
http://www.inria.fr/rrrt/rr-5609.html

Another report is also available, tackling the use of partial topology in MANET
OSPF with an MPR-based approach. The mechanisms described in this report offer
similar topology reduction capabilities than the schemes based on backbone CDS. 
This report is available there:

- Partial Topology in an MPR-based Solution for Wireless OSPF on Mobile Ad Hoc
Networks:
http://www.inria.fr/rrrt/rr-5619.html

Cheers,
Emmanuel 

_______________________________________________
Ospf-wireless-design mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-wireless-design