Subject: [Ospf-wireless-design] Design Team slides for IETF 63

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:23:18 -0700

All,
The design team is not meeting in Paris, due to lack of a quorum.  Acee
Lindem agreed to present the attached slides at the OSPF and MANET WG
meetings.  Any comments?

Currently, we have two fairly mature proposals for how to do OSPF MANET
extensions, and one public implementation of each.  As for next steps,
you will see a statement in the charts that we have not yet achieved
consensus.  Acee indicated his preference to let the design team run for
one more cycle, possibly augmented by discussion on the regular MANET
and OSPF WG lists.  Are there comments on this proposed approach?

Next week, we'll release the next version of our technical report and
software, internally to the design team, while we in parallel obtain
approval to circulate it more broadly.  I will try to create a smaller
document that (for now) summarizes the key simulation results and
discussion we have conducted here at Boeing.

Tom
_______________________________________________
Ospf-wireless-design mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-wireless-design

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:48:00 +0000

>Lindem agreed to present the attached slides at the OSPF and MANET WG
 From my meta-feeling and observation of proposals/discussion frequency, 
methodology
used, I think you are at the point where you should open your results to 
a wider forum.

>and OSPF WG lists.  Are there comments on this proposed approach?
Again, I think you should release the software to a wider audience and 
let people run their
scenarios and provide you with results. This should give you  a good 
indication what the
consensus on the two proposals or a variation thereof should be beside 
purely technical
points that you seem have shaken out roughly and do seem to have a 
struggle merging
(again, from my understanding so far the two have different strengths 
depending
on the scenario assumed).  Then, IMHO you will be able to progress to 
spec-stage work.

    --- tony