Subject: Re: OSPF multiple process

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 07:57:52 -0400

Hi Javed,

Multiple instances of OSPF on the same router can be used between PE/CE in
BGP MPLS IP VPN's.

Check the link
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-vpns-ospf-bgp-mpls-05.txt

I am not really aware in which case you would want/do away with multiple
instances of OSPF though. I could not figure out the load balancing idea
either.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Javed Syed [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 3:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OSPF multiple process

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody have seen or aware of any good document
explaining why it is not recommended to run multiple OSPF processor in the
same router.
I have seens many emails regarding this issue.
I have seen people running two processor only if it is absolute necessary
and to make each node acting as a multiple node for load balancing.
Any comments will be appreciated.

JS