Subject: Re: ospf te doc

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:38:51 -0700

Hi All,

The *rough* consensus here is to make the Instance field all 24 bits
of the Opaque ID.  The new wording is:

2.2. LSA ID

   The LSA ID of an Opaque LSA is defined as having eight bits of type
   and 24 bits of type-specific data.  The Traffic Engineering LSA uses
   type 1.  The remaining 24 bits are the Instance field, as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |       1       |                   Instance                    |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   The Instance field is an arbitrary value used to maintain multiple
   Traffic Engineering LSAs.  A maximum of 16777216 Traffic Engineering
   LSAs may be sourced by a single system.  The LSA ID has no
   topological significance.

Also, I will add the following (similar to the ISIS TE doc) to 2.4.1:

   If a router advertises BGP routes with the BGP next hop attribute
   set to the BGP router ID, then the Router Address SHOULD be the same as
   the BGP router ID.

Any other comments before I send this doc to John & Bill/Alex for IETF
Last Call?

Kireeti.