Subject: Document Action: 'Graceful OSPF Restart Implementation Report' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:05:19 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Graceful OSPF Restart Implementation Report '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-graceful-impl-report-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary

 Graceful OSPF Restart as specified in RFC 3623 provides a mechanism
 whereby an OSPF router can stay on the forwarding path even as its
 OSPF software is restarted. This document provides an
 implementation report for this extension to the base OSPF protocol.

Working Group Summary

 The WG had consensus on the document.

Protocol Quality

 Reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

RFC Editor Note:

Section 8. Security Considerations:

OLD:

   This document does not address any security issues other a reference
   to the RFC 2328 [OSPF]. Security considerations for the OSPF protocol
   are included in RFC2328 [OSPF]. Security considerations for Graceful
   OSPF Restart are included in [GRACE].

NEW:

   This document does not discuss implementation and interoperability
   aspects of the security mechanisms in great detail, as no new security
   mechanisms are introduced with Graceful OSPF Restart. Security
   considerations for the OSPF protocol are included in RFC2328 [OSPF].
   Security considerations for Graceful OSPF Restart are included in [GRACE].