Subject: OSPFV3 Router Lsa

From: SUBSCRIBE OSPF vishnuvardhan B <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:04:02 -0500

Hi,
I am not able to understand the idea behind generating router-lsa. A router 
may originate one or more router-LSAs for a given area. what is the idea 
behind generating multiple router-lsa. A single router-lsa cannot 
accomadate about all the info of the different links of the router? since 
in ospfv2 router-lsa can accomadate all the info about the links in the 
router.  Can anyone clarify me on this regard.
Thanks in advance
vishnu

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:56:40 -0500

>router.  Can anyone clarify me on this regard.
Hi Vishnu,

The primary motivation is to orginate a router-LSA that will fit in a
single OSPFv3 Link
State Update packet without requiring fragmentation.

Hope this helps,
Acee