Subject: Ospfv3 route tables

From: vishnuvardhan B <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:23:32 -0500

Hi All,
I am not able to understand the idea behind maintaining per area route 
tables. Instead of this can't we do with a single route table  as in 
ospfv2?
Regards,
Vishnu

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:35:28 -0500

>tables. Instead of this can't we do with a single route table  as in 
Hi Vishnu,

Do not confuse the per area route table for OSPFv3 SPT (Shortest Path 
Tree) vertices with
OSPFv3 RIB containing OSPF IPv6 prefixes. You can implement in any way 
you choose but
conceptually, RFC 2740 (and the update) describe the intra-area SPF 
assuming a per-area
route table for SPT verticies. I also believe this is the best way to 
implement it.

Thanks,
Acee