Subject: [OSPF] About draft-jork-ldp-igp-sync-02

From: "Abhay D.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:45:30 +0800

hi Army,
According to the specification draft-jork-ldp-igp-sync-02
which focuses about IGP-LDP session synch in a nutshell.

In the Applicability section:

  "On broadcast links with more than one IGP/LDP peer, the cost-out
   procedure can only be applied to the link as a whole and not an
   individual peer.  So a policy decision has to be made whether the
   unavailability of LDP service to one peer should result in the
   traffic being diverted away from all the peers on the link."

Abhay: Any update on the cost out on the broadcast link. It MAY not be
            necessary to cost out on the broadcast LINK. Since network 
is still
            reachable for some LDP sessions.

Abhay: How about the scenario where in not all the peers dont support
            the cost out mechanism. Two way LDP sessions in the 
non-solicited mode,
            May Still be affected.

Any comments,

Thanks,
Abhay

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf