Subject: [OSPF] MTU change event

From: ajay thakur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:21:43 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,
I have doubt about MTU change event. OSPF  DDPacket sends interface MTU & if interface MTU matches then only router forms adjacency with neighbor.  But once adjacency comes up fine & interface MTU changes then what is suggested behavior ?
Do we have to destroy the adjaceny ? or Do nothing ?

Thanks
Ajay

---------------------------------
 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 06:17:40 -0400

Hi Ajay,
You'll notice that the OSPF protocol RFCs do not specify the behavior  
for dynamic configuration. Obviously, the goal should be to handle  
changes as dynamically as possible while insuring correct operation.  
In this spirit, many implementations do force neighbor adjacencies on  
the changed interface back to EXCHANGE-START when there is an MTU  
change. An interface MTU change should be a rare event.

Hope this Helps,
Acee

On Sep 3, 2007, at 3:21 AM, ajay thakur wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have doubt about MTU change event. OSPF  DDPacket sends interface  
> MTU & if interface MTU matches then only router forms adjacency  
> with neighbor.  But once adjacency comes up fine & interface MTU  
> changes then what is suggested behavior ?