Subject: [OSPF] Shall we install Type-5 LSA in a non-Active Area

From: "Jishnu Banerjee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:33:34 +0530

Hi All,

Got a quick doubt, I have a router is an ASBR having a single
non-backbone area (network-type and link-type being p2p), if the
Interface State-Machine holds a DOWN state [as a result the Area becomes
INACTIVE], then shall ospf still hold Type-5 LSA ? Its known that it
will hold Rtr LSA with Link Count to 0, but I have not been able to get
any distinct explaination regarding Type-5 LSA from the RFC. IF I have
overlooked or missed out, then please request to guide me through.

Regards,

Jishnu

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: "Jishnu Banerjee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:51:44 +0530

It makes sense to have Type-5 LSA in OSPF Dbase, reason being ASBR
behavior is in the whole router itself, which will effect all attached
areas and thus in case multiple areas if ALL but one is active, then
still OSPF Dbase holds Type-5 LSA. But when it comes to "single attached
area", which again is NON-active, then does that still push Type-5 to
OSPF Dbase.

-jishnu

________________________________

From: Jishnu Banerjee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 11:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OSPF] Shall we install Type-5 LSA in a non-Active Area

Hi All,

Regards,

Jishnu

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 06:16:53 -0400

Hi Jishnu,
The OSPF specification leaves local redistribution to the  
implementation. Having said that, I certainly not have it triggered  
on whether or not you have any UP OSPF interfaces.
Hope this Helps,
Acee

On Sep 17, 2007, at 2:21 AM, Jishnu Banerjee wrote:

> behavior is in the whole router itself, which will effect all  
> attached areas and thus in case multiple areas if ALL but one is  
> active, then still OSPF Dbase holds Type-5 LSA. But when it comes  
> to “single attached area”, which again is NON-active, then does  
> that still push Type-5 to OSPF Dbase.
>
>
>
> -jishnu
>
>
>
> Got a quick doubt, I have a router is an ASBR having a single non- 
> backbone area (network-type and link-type being p2p), if the  
> Interface State-Machine holds a DOWN state [as a result the Area  
> becomes INACTIVE], then shall ospf still hold Type-5 LSA ? Its  
> known that it will hold Rtr LSA with Link Count to 0, but I have  
> not been able to get any distinct explaination regarding Type-5 LSA  
> from the RFC. IF I have overlooked or missed out, then please  
> request to guide me through.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Jishnu
>