Subject: [OSPF] RFC 7777 on Advertising Node Administrative Tags in OSPF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:06:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7777

        Title:      Advertising Node Administrative Tags in OSPF 
        Author:     S. Hegde, R. Shakir,
                    A. Smirnov, Z. Li,
                    B. Decraene
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33684
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7777

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7777

This document describes an extension to the OSPF protocol to add an
optional operational capability that allows tagging and grouping of
the nodes in an OSPF domain.  This allows simplification, ease of
management and control over route and path selection based on
configured policies.  This document describes an extension to the
OSPF protocol to advertise node administrative tags.  The node tags
can be used to express and apply locally defined network policies,
which are a very useful operational capability.  Node tags may be
used by either OSPF itself or other applications consuming
information propagated via OSPF.

This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate node
administrative tags to the OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 protocol.  It provides
example use cases of administrative node tags.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC