Subject: [OSPF] FW: [netmod] Delay in publication request of routing-cfg and current -state conventions

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 15:20:19 +0000

FYI - this will allow us to move forward with our OSPF YANG model
publication. 
Thanks,
Acee 

On 10/21/16, 11:12 AM, "netmod on behalf of Lou Berger"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>
>All,
>    Some may have noticed that there was a bit of a gap between the
>close of LC and the submission of the publication request for this
>document.  While it was gated by a minor update, the more significant
>reason for the delay was the consideration of how to proceed with models
>that contain the -state branch.
>
>As we're sure most are aware we have a design team looking at how
>datastores might be used to address the applied vs intended config [1]
>and the larger "OpState" discussion.  There also has been some
>discussion on proposals on how to proceed while their work is ongoing,
>including a proposal that I promoted - and this model presents the first
>opportunity to implement such.
>
>Based on a fair bit of discussion among the authors, chairs, AD and
>design team, we concluded that introducing a new model convention
>at this time really doesn't provide any substantive benefit and may in
>fact complicate future transition/upgrade approaches. This
>consideration is what resulted in the delay.
>
>The impact of this discussion on routing-cfg is no change.  The impact
>on -state conventions is that, for now, we (as chairs) feel that models
>being submitted for publication request by the WG should follow the
>conventions found in RFC7223 and the recommendations documented in
>6087bis section 5.23 [2].  This of course can be change through
>discussion in the WG, e.g., based on the output of the DT.
>
>Lou and Kent
>
>[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg16491.html
>[2] 
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-08#section-5.23
>
>_______________________________________________
>netmod mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod