Subject: [P2Prg] Bill to Discourage P2P in Government Advances

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:57:53 -0400

Does anyone know what the text of this bill looks like? Is it really
specific to file sharing networks? Or does the bill restrict the use of
"peer to peer" technologies without a focused definition. Jeffrey Altman

An article from eWEEK has been sent to you. Follow this link to view the
article: Bill to Discourage P2P in Government Advances
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1326315,00.asp> 

Copyright (c) 2003 Ziff Davis Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:33:47 -0700

Good question! It seems to be the usual "knee-jerk" reaction to P2P 
without understanding how useful it is.

In a sense, the fear that it inspires is directly proportional to its 
power. Power to P2P!

See you on Monday!

Bill

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 04:57 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> specific to file sharing networks? Or does the bill restrict the use 
> of "peer to peer" technologies without a focused definition. Jeffrey 
> Altman
>

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg