Subject: [P2Prg] GLOBAL and PEER-TO-PEER Computing Workshop: CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

From: "Adriana Iamnitchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:30:06 -0500

Our apologies if you received multiple copies.

   ------------------------------------------------------------------
                           CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                 Fourth International Scientific Workshop on
                     GLOBAL and PEER-TO-PEER Computing
                          "From Theory to Practice"
                              The Drake Hotel
                             April 20-21, 2004
                               Chicago,  USA
                           (http://GP2PC.lri.fr)
             organized at the IEEE/ACM International Symposium
                   on Cluster Computing and the Grid 2004
                           IEEE/ACM CCGRID 2004

   In cooperation with the IEEE Task Force on Cluster Computing (TFCC)
   -------------------------------------------------------------------

   PROGRAM

   Tuesday, April 20:
   10:30-12:30 Session 1: Incentive and Reputation in P2P systems

Dynamic offloading in a multi-provider environment: a behavioural framework
for use in influencing peering, Zhen Liu, Vishal Misra, Laura Wynter (IBM
Research TJ Watson, USA)

When Can an Autonomous Reputation Scheme Discourage Free-riding in a
Peer-to-Peer System?, Nazareno Andrade, Miranda Mowbray, Walfredo Cirne,
Francisco Brasileiro (Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Brasil, HP
Laboratories Bristol, UK)

A Reputation-Based Trust Management System for P2P Networks, Ali Aydin
Selcuk, Ersin Uzun, Mark Resat Pariente (Bilkent University, Turkey)

Effective Use of Reputation in Peer-to-Peer Environments, Thanasis G.
Papaioannou, George D. Stamoulis (Athens University of  Economics and
Business, Greece)

   2:00-3:30 Session 2: Supporting Computation in P2P Systems

CCOF (Cluster Computing on the Fly): Resource Discovery in a Cycle Sharing
Peer-to-Peer System, Dayi Zhou, Virginia Lo (University of Oregon,USA)

Automatic Methods for Predicting Machine Availability in Desktop Grid and
Peer-to-peer Systems, John Brevik, Daniel Nurmi, Rich Wolski (University of
California at Santa Barbara, USA)

Supporting QoS in a Non-dedicated, Opportunistic Environment, Jin Liang,
Klara Nahrstedt (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaigne, USA)

   4:00-5:30 Session 3: Hotspots, Caching and Web in P2P Style

HTTP(P2P): A transaction based (HTTP) peer-to-peer protocol for the
dissemination of web-objects in congested networks, Robert Mattson, Somnath
Ghosh (La Trobe University, Australia)

Cache Replacement Policies Revisited: The Case of P2P Traffic, Adam
Wierzbicki, Nathaniel Leibowitz, Matei Ripeanu, Rafal Wozniak
(Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, Poland, Expand
Networks, Israel, University of Chicago, USA)

Adaptive Congestion Control for Hotspot Management in Structured
Peer-to-Peer Systems, Anne-Marie Bosneag, Yong Xi, Xinjie Li, Monica
Brockmeyer (Wayne State University, USA)

Wednesday, April 21
   10:30-12:30 Session 4: Infrastructure and Storage in P2P Systems

Multi-Dimensional Quorum Sets for Read-Few Write-Many Replica Control
Protocols, Bujor Silaghi, Pete Keleher, Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of
Maryland, USA)

Data Durability in Peer-to-Peer Storage Systems, Gil Utard, Antoine Vernois
(Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon,
France)

Performance Evaluation of the Mobile Peer-to-Peer Protocol, Ingo Gruber,
Rüdiger Schollmeier, Wolfgang Kellerer (Technische Universität München,
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH, Germany)

Building Near Real-Time Peer-to-Peer Applications with JXTA, Daryl C.
Parker, Sandra A. Collins, David C. Cleary (Ericsson Ireland)

   2:00-3:30 Session 5:  Search in P2P systems

Search Performance Analysis and Robust Search Algorithm in Unstructured
Peer-to-Peer Networks, Tsungnan Lin, Hsinping Wang (National Taiwan
University, Taiwan)

Keyword Fusion to Support Efficient Keyword-based Search in Peer-to-Peer
File Sharing, Lintao Liu, Kyung Dong Ryu, Kang-Won Lee (Arizona State
University, IBM Research TJ Watson, USA)

   ----
   PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
   David Anderson, University of Berkeley, SETI@home project, USA
   Franck Cappello, INRIA, Paris-South University, France
   Henri Casanova, SDSC, California, USA
   Andrew Chien, UCSD, California, USA
   Bruno Codenotti, University of Iowa, USA
   Gilles Fedak, UCSD/INRIA, USA
   Stephen Fitzpatrick, Kestrel Institute, USA
   Adriana Iamnitchi, University of Chicago, USA
   Spyros Lalis, University of Thessaly, Greece
   Luc Onana Alima, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
   Serge Petiton, University of Lille, France
   Kavitha Ranganathan, University of Chicago, USA
   Alexander Reinefeld, Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany
   Olivier Richard, INRIA ID, Grenoble, France
   Matei Ripeanu, University of Chicago, USA
   Arnold Rosenberg, DCS, Massachusetts, USA
   Mitsuhisa Sato, CCP, University of Tsukuba, Japan
   Warren Smith, NASA Ames Research Center, USA
   Domenico Talia, DEIS, Calabria, Italy
   Bernard Traversat, SUN, Jxta, USA
   Xiaodong Zhang, College of William and Mary, USA
   ----
   WORKSHOP CHAIRS (and contact for info)
   Franck Cappello,                    Adriana Iamnitchi,
   INRIA/LRI, Paris-South University   University of Chicago
   France,                             USA,
   [email-masked]                      anda at cs.uchicago.edu
   ------------------------------------------------------------------

________________
Adriana Iamnitchi
University of Chicago
http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~anda
(773) 834-4416

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg