Subject: [P2Prg] A very ungent question about CAN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:46:29 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

I have a very urgent question about CAN. The question is whether
the routing algorithm of CAN is convergent?

An example:

_____________________________
|              |             |  Now, I begin the routing from B, and
|              |             |  the destionation key is '*'.
|       A      |      B      |   
|              |             |  According to the CAN's paper, B may
|              |             |  has only one neighor at the downward 
------------------------------  direction and I suppose the neighbor
|              |   *  |      |  is D.
|              |      |      |
|              |      |      |  Now B will pick one of its neighbor 
|              |      |      |  , which is closest to '*'. So, the 
|              |      |      |  routing is forwarded to A. 
|              |   C  |  D   |  Analogously, A will choose its 
|              |      |      |  closest neighbor to '*' and forward
|              |      |      |  the routing to it. Among all the 
|              |      |      |  neighbors of A, B is closest to '*'.
|              |      |      |  Thus, the routing gets into a
------------------------------  dead lock and will never reach the

destionation peer C. 

I don't know whether I understand the paper correctly and I am confused these days. Who can give me a detailed explanation?

Thank you very much!

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg