Subject: [P2Prg] SAINT 2006 Workshop CFP: Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2006)

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:10:35 +0200

Call for SAINT 2006 workshop papers

2nd Workshop on 
Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2006)

(see also: 
http://www.saintconference.org/,
http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint06/,
SAINT 2006: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, January 23-27, 2006)

The enormous success of the Internet results to a large extent 
from the flexible and easy to use platform it provides to create 
innovative services and applications that quickly find 
acceptance and customers. In parallel to the Internet, mobile 
communications also has evolved to an integral component in our 
everyday life providing a growing variety of services. Industry 
is pushing new standards that allow high data rate multimedia 
applications as well as seamless communication across 
heterogeneous radio and network technologies. The success 
of the next generation mobile telecommunication systems will 
again depend on the services and applications that can be 
provided. These future systems are expected to integrate the 
paradigms of traditional mobile telecommunication systems 
with the Internet protocols and software engineering methods. 
New paradigms will emerge. For example, the customer acceptance 
is considered to be widely increased by tailoring services and 
applications to actual user needs, their preferences and the 
context a user is in. Ubiquitous services receive increased 
user acceptance (e.g., Peer-to-Peer). A well engineered next 
generation service platform should provide all capabilities 
to allow innovative services to be created and deployed in 
short time addressing user needs. Third party interfaces 
allow a chaining of expertise in service provisioning. Semantic 
technologies may help to structure knowledge about the user 
environment.

Researchers, practitioners and developers are invited to submit 
original unpublished papers in the following areas:

- Open Service Architectures 
  (open interfaces, third party providers)
 
- Mobile Service Platforms 
  (incl. terminal aspects and mobile middleware)

- Service Platforms for ubiquitous communication and Peer-to-Peer

- Capabilities and features for next generation mobile services 
  (context-awareness, personalization/personal agent, high quality 
  multimedia, information distribution, adaptation)

- Service Building Blocks 
  (service modelling, semantic technologies, 
  service creation, service discovery, service composition, 
  service management)

- Privacy and trust as enabling technologies for future service platforms

- Mobile service platform prototypes and evaluation

- Innovative applications and services

This workshop is open to contributions from all experts 
in service technologies from industry and academia, including 
bodies such as mITF and WWRF, but not being limited to those. 
The Mobile IT Forum (mITF) and the Wireless World Research Forum 
(WWRF) are both organizations working towards the next 
generation of mobile communication systems. The two bodies 
represent each more than 140 member organizations 
(including companies, universities, and research institutes). 
Both bodies have dedicated working groups to the 
architecture/platform challenge. This workshop will be an 
opportunity to discuss service architecture/platform issues 
on a highly international level with experts from both bodies.

Submission Guidelines
Page limit: 8 single spaced pages.
Description: The submitted paper should contain 
  authors names and affiliation and 
  postal address, and fax number
Format:  Paper should be submitted in .pdf or .ps or .doc. 

Papers should be submitted to the workshop organizers.

All papers will be reviewed by at least three expert reviewers.

Important dates

Paper submission: Friday, September 15, 2006.

Camera ready due: Wednesday, November 1, 2006.

Workshop organizers:
Stefan ARBANOWSKI, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany, WWRF WG2 Service Architecture,
Chair, [email-masked]

Wolfgang KELLERER, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany, WWRF WG2, Vice Chair 
[email-masked]

Masayoshi OHASHI, KDDI, Japan, mITF Service Platform WG, Chair 
[email-masked]

Mitsuru UESUGI, Panasonic Japan, mITF Service Platform WG, Vice Chair
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kellerer
Manager
Ubiquitous Services Platforms
Future Networking Lab
 
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
Landsberger Str. 312
80687 Munich, Germany
 
Tel. +49-89-56824-222
Fax. +49-89-56824-300
E-mail: [email-masked]
i-mode: [email-masked]
http://www.docomolab-euro.com
------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg