Subject: [P2Prg] [email-masked]

From: "Jini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:30:06 +0800

Dear all, 

I have a very urgent question about CAN. The question is whether 
the routing algorithm of CAN is convergent? 

An example: 

_____________________________ 
|             |              | Now, I begin the routing from B, and 
|             |              | the destionation key is '*'. 
|       A     |        B     | 
|             |              | According to the CAN's paper, B may 
|             |              | has only one neighor at the downward 
------------------------------ direction and I suppose the neighbor 
|             |   *   |      | is D. 
|             |       |      | 
|             |       |      | Now B will pick one of its neighbor 
|             |       |      | , which is closest to '*'. So, the 
|             |       |      | routing is forwarded to A. 
|             |   C   |   D  | Analogously, A will choose its 
|             |       |      | closest neighbor to '*' and forward 
|             |       |      | the routing to it. Among all the 
|             |       |      | neighbors of A, B is closest to '*'. 
|             |       |      | Thus, the routing gets into a 
------------------------------ dead lock and will never reach the 

destionation peer C. 

I don't know whether I understand the paper correctly and I am confused
these days. Who can give me a detailed explanation? 

Thank you very much! 

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg