Subject: Re: [P2Prg] Paris meeting

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:27:11 +0100

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:48:39PM -0700, Bill Yeager wrote:

> 	o Two new research proposals:
> 		1) IPv6 as applicable to P2P virtualizations

I tried to ask about this at the end of the meeting but failed... can
the proposers of this activity please post some summary of what specifically
they are suggesting?

-- 
Tim/::1

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:18:48 -0700

Hi,

---- Appropriate excerpt with URL's ---

Bill and I prepared a proposal of activity to be held inside the IRTF.  
We called the activity P2Pv6 (Peer-to-Peer over IPv6). IPv6 appears as 
an ideal playground for the
development of P2P applications that rely by design on the interaction 
between end nodes. We found out some preliminary areas, but the 
activity can evolve and embrace (or be more focused on) different 
aspects.

Briefly, we want to show how the IPv6 protocol can provide an excellent 
environment for P2P-based applications, and we want to understand 
whether the transitional mechanisms developed for managing the 
transition and coexistence of IPv4/IPv6 are critical for P2P 
applications. In addition, we encourage the discussion about how to 
create a P2P addressing scheme based on the IPv6 analogies and discover 
if any synergies between the two schemes are exploitable.

  A detailed roadmap can be found here:

http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/p2pv6/p2pv6.htm ;

in addition, also a pdf version of the proposal is available for 
download at

http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/p2pv6/p2pv6.pdf .

This document has to be intended as open to suggestions, discussions 
and tweaking.

  As a first step, we would like to hear your feedback in order to start 
a collective and harmonious discussion.

  With Kindest Regards,

  Luca and Bill

Bill