Subject: [P2Prg] Call for paper MSOP2P

From: Sam Joseph <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:31:20 +0900

---------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS
---------------------------------------------------------------------

First International Workshop on
Modeling, Simulation and Optimization
of Peer-to-peer environments (MSOP2P)
http://lifc.univ-fcomte.fr/~bourgeoi/msop2p.html
In conjunction with Euromicro PDP 2007
7-9 February 2007 in Naples, Italy
http://www.na.icar.cnr.it/~pdp2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems allow to gather a wide range of computers 
into a single environment. Performance of such environments is difficult 
to evaluate due to the heterogeneity and to the number of computers 
participating in the system. Therefore, modeling and simulation are now 
becoming more and more used in order to optimize the behavior of P2P 
environments.

The International Workshop on Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of 
Peer-to-peer environments (MSOP2P) aims to bring together researchers 
and practitioners from academia, industry and government to advance the 
state of the art in modeling, simulating and optimizing P2P 
environments. The workshop will also represent an occasion to share, to 
learn and to discuss the latest results in this field of research.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Modeling of P2P systems
* Performance evaluation of P2P systems
* Simulation of P2P systems
* Traffic management for P2P computing systems
* Algorithms for computing and performance implications in P2P environments
* Analytical modeling of Peer-to-Peer systems
* Quantitative analysis of Peer-to-Peer infrastructure and overlay networks
* Emulation of P2P systems
* Protocols for resource management/discovery/reservation/scheduling and
their evaluation
* Workload characterization for P2P systems

---------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
---------------------------------------------------------------------
June 30th, 2006
Full papers submission deadline

September 29th, 2006
Paper notification

October 27th, 2006
Camera-ready papers

---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 5000 words 
in length and including a 150-200 word abstract. To facilitate an 
anonymous reviewing process, the first page of the paper should contain 
only the title and abstract. Proceedings will be published by IEEE 
Computer Society Press. Best papers will be selected for special issues 
of Elsevier Journal of Systems Architecture and InderScience 
International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering.
Papers must be submitted through the conference submission system 
(http://www.pdp2007.it/sub.html) with an indication of the name of the 
workshop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Program Committee includes the following people.

Program Chairs:
Julien Bourgeois, University of Franche-Comte (France)
Giovanni Chiola, Universita' di Genova (Italy)

Program Committee members:
Didier El Baz, CNRS (France)
Michele Colajanni, Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia (Italy)
Vasilios Darlagiannis, EPFL (Switzerland)
Gilles Fedak, INRIA Futurs (France)
Adriana Iamnitchi, University of South Florida (USA)
Sam Joseph, University of Hawaii (USA)
Mark Jelasity, Università di Bologna (Italy)
Nicolas Liebau, Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany)
Alberto Montresor, University of Trento (Italy)
George F. Riley, Georgia Institute of Technology (USA)
Gaeta Rossano, Universita' di Torino (Italy)
Matteo Sereno, Universita' di Torino (Italy)
Francois Spies, University of Franche-Comte (France)
Ralf SteinMetz, Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany)

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg