Subject: [P2Prg] CFP GridNets 2006

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:09:20 +0200

Call for Papers
                            ===============

                             GridNets 2006
     Third International Workshop on Networks for Grid Applications
       Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society and Create-Net

Co-located with IEEE Communications Society/Create-Net Broadnets 2006
        San Jose, California, USA, October 1-2, 2006

                       http://www.gridnets.org

Grid developers and practicioners are increasingly realising the 
importance of an efficient network support. Entire classes of 
applications would greatly benefit by a network-aware Grid middleware, 
able to effectively manage the network resource in terms of scheduling, 
access and use. Conversely, the peculiar requirements of Grid 
applications provide stimulating drivers for new challenging research 
towards the development of Grid-aware networks.

Cooperation between Grid middleware and network infrastructure driven by 
a common control plane is a key factor to effectively empower the global 
Grid platform for the execution of network-intensive applications, 
requiring massive data transfers, very fast and low-latency connections, 
and stable and guaranteed transmission rates. Big e-science projects, as 
well as industrial and engineering applications for data analysis, image 
processing, multimedia, or visualisation just to name a few are awaiting 
an efficient Grid network support. They would be boosted by a global 
Grid platform enabling end-to-end dynamic bandwidth allocation, 
broadband and low-latency access, interdomain access control, and other 
network performance monitoring capabilities.

The Gridnets 2006 workshop will provide a focused and highly interactive 
forum where researchers and technologists will have the opportunity to 
present and discuss leading research, developments, and future 
directions in the Grid networking area.

As an IEEE publication, the proceedings will also be accessible through 
the IEEE Xplore website and other digital libraries. Best papers will be 
considered for publication in a special section of Elsevier Future 
Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) - The International Journal of Grid 
Computing: Theory, Methods and Application".

Scope
------

The GridNets 2006 workshop will focus on research issues and challenges 
as well as lessons learned from experience. Topics of interest include 
and are not limited to:

     * New concepts and requirements to shape the design of eScience and 
Research Networks
     * Integration of advanced optical networking technologies and 
architectures (OPS, OBS) for the Grid environment
     * Coordination of network resources with other Grid resources (CPU, 
Storage)
     * Layer interactions: optical layer with higher layer protocols
     * Grid advanced resource reservation
     * Self-healing Grid networks
     * Traffic characteristics and performance analysis
     * New architectures and technologies that address Grid requirements
     * Experience on production-level optical network infrastructures
     * Middleware design and grid layer integration issues for accessing 
and managing network resources
     * Routing and scheduling for dynamic bandwidth control
     * Monitoring, provisioning, brokering of network resources
     * New multi-service frameworks and models
     * End-to-end application level control of network resource
     * Peer-to-peer approach for Grid networks
     * Network support for wireless Grids
     * Novel data transport protocols designed for new application services
     * Data replication and multicasting strategies and protocols
     * Fault-tolerance, protection, security, and scalability issues 
related to connecting large number of sites
     * Network cost, performance, and incentive issues
     * Grid network simulation
     * Identification of Grid peculiarities that network mechanisms can 
build upon

Important Dates
-----------------

Paper Submission ** Extended Deadline ** : June 7, 2006
Paper Acceptance Notification: June 30, 2006
Final paper submission: July 31, 2006

(For submission instructions, refer to http://www.gridnets.org )

Organizing Committee
====================

Workshop co-chairs: Pascale Vicat-Blanc Primet (ENS Lyon), Michael Welzl 
(University of Innsbruck)
Workshop vice-chair: Piero Spinnato (Create-Net)
Technical Program Committee chairs: Wayne Clark (Cisco), Yufeng Xin (MCNC)
Panel chair: Bela Berde (Alcatel)
Publicity chair: Antoine Pichot (Europe) (Alcatel), Tomohiro Kudoh 
(Asia) (AIST), Brian Tierny (USA) (LBL)
Steering Committee: Imrich Chlamtac (Create-Net), Gigi Karmous-Edwards 
(MCNC), Michael Welzl (University of Innsbruck)
Conference coordination and registration: Kitti H. Kovacs (ICST)

Program Committee
=================

Bill Allcock - Argonne National Lab
Micah Beck - University of Tennessee
Augusto Casaca - INESC
Piero Castoldi - Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
Cees De Laat - Universiteit van Amsterdam
Peter Dinda - Northwestern University
Jose Fernandes - FCCN
Tiziana Ferrari - INFN - CNAF
Gabriele Garzoglio - Fermi National Accelerator Lab
Wolfgang Gentzsch - D-Grid
Wolfgang Gerteis - SAP Belfast
Doan Hoang - University of Technology, Sydney
David Hutchison - Lancaster University
Adriana Iamnitchi - University of South Florida
Admela Jukan - Universite de Quebec
Jussi Kangasharju - Technical University Darmstadt
Gigi Karmous-Edwards - MCNC
Dieter Kranzlmüller - University of Linz
Joe Mambretti - Northwestern Univ
Max Mühlhäuser - Technical University Darmstadt
Nicholas Race - Lancaster University
Matei Ripeanu - University of British Columbia
Volker Sander - University of Applied Sciences Aachen
Dimitra Simeonidou - University of Essex
Oliver Yu - University of Illinois at Chicago

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg