Subject: [P2Prg] CFP - 3rd workshop on service platforms for mobile systems (SPMS) in conjunction with SAINT 2007, Jaunuary 2006, Hiroshima, Japan

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:12:00 +0200

Please apologize multiple copies of this CFP.

Call For Papers:

3rd IEEE SAINT 2007 Workshop on 
Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2007) 

in conjunction with the 2007 International 
Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT) 
Hiroshima, JAPAN, January 15-19, 2007 
http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint07/ 

Deadline for Submission of Papers: September 22, 2006

Accepted papers will be published by IEEE CS press

For more details see the below text or: 
http://www.docomoeurolabs.de/callforpaper_SAINT_SPMS2007.html 

Regards,

Stefan ARBANOWSKI, FOKUS, Germany
Wolfgang KELLERER, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany
Masayoshi OHASHI, KDDI, Japan
Mitsuru UESUGI, Panasonic, Japan

Workshop co-chairs 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

3rd IEEE SAINT 2007 Workshop on 
Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2007) 

(http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint07/workshops/CFPaper/index.h
tml) 

in conjunction with the 2007 International 

Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT) 

Hiroshima, JAPAN, January 15-19, 2007 

Theme of the Workshop:

The enormous success of the Internet results to a large extent from the
flexible and easy to use platform it provides to create innovative
services and applications that quickly find acceptance and customers. In
parallel to the Internet, mobile communications also has evolved to an
integral component in our everyday life providing a growing variety of
services. Industry is pushing new standards that allow high data rate
multimedia applications as well as seamless communication across
heterogeneous radio and network technologies including Fixed Mobile
Convergence (FMC). The success of the next generation mobile
telecommunication systems will again depend on the services and
applications that can be provided. These future systems are expected to
converge paradigms of traditional mobile telecommunication systems and
the Internet protocols and software engineering methods. New paradigms
will emerge. For example, the customer acceptance is considered to be
widely increased by tailoring services and applications to actual user
needs, their preferences and the context a user is in. Another example
is Peer-to-Peer (P2P). Peer-to-Peer communication supports customers
exchanging their own services and resources among each other (e.g., in
communities). Furthermore, applying the Peer-to-Peer paradigm to
existing system allows cost saving through reuse of available resources.
A well engineered next generation service platform should provide all
capabilities to allow innovative services to be created and deployed in
short time addressing user needs and operator requirements. Open
interfaces allow a chaining of expertise in service provisioning.
Semantic technologies may help to structure knowledge about the user's
vicinity. 

Issues to be addressed in the workshop include: 
- Open Service Architectures 
- Mobile Service Platforms (in heterogeneous and ubiquitous
environments) 
- Mobile peer to peer networking and applications 
- Capabilities and features for next generation mobile services
(context-awareness, personalization/personal agent, high quality
multimedia, information distribution) 
- Semantic Service Building Blocks (service modelling, service creation,
service discovery, service composition, service execution, service
management) 
- Privacy and trust as enabling technologies for service platforms 
- Service platform prototypes, trials, test beds, and evaluation 
- Innovative mobile applications and services 

This Workshop is the best opportunity to address this highly important
theme in sufficient depth and breadth. It is intended to share knowledge
and exchange ideas to promote new studies a nd research topics in the
area of service provisioning in IP-based mobile systems. The workshop is
open to contributions from all experts in service technologies from
industry and academia, including bodies such as mITF and WWRF, but not
being limited to those. The Mobile IT Forum (mITF) and the Wireless
World Research Forum (WWRF) are both organizations working towards the
next generation of mobile communication systems. Those bodies represent
each more than 140 member organizations (including companies,
universities, and research institutes). Those bodies have dedicated
working groups to the architecture/platform challenge. This workshop
will be the unique opportunity to discuss service architecture/platform
issues on a highly international level with experts from these bodies. 

Papers and Author's Kit:

Workshop papers should be within 4 pages, no extra page is allowed. The
Proceedings of the Symposium and the Workshops will be published, in
separated volumes, by the IEEE Computer Society Press. Please follow the
instruction on the web below for preparing your Workshop papers.
http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint07/> Author's Kit etc. 

Paper Submission:

Papers should be sent to the Organizers no later than September 22,
2006. After a review process by Organizers and Program Committee of the
Workshop, authors of accepted papers will be requested to send its final
manuscript to IEEE-CS press no later than November 1, 2006. So, authors
are kindly requested to submit papers as early as possible to facilitate
a review process. 

Registration:

It is the IEEE policy that accepted papers can be published only when
IEEE recognized that at least one author has registered for
presentation. So, authors will be requested to register along with the
final manuscript. SAINT Conference Registration fees include a copy of
the Conference proceedings, a copy of the Workshop proceedings,
admission to the Conference/Workshop sessions. 

Note:

The date and length (a full or half day) of the Workshop will be decided
by SAINT2007 Organizing Committee taking account of the number submitted
of papers, and be notified on the SAINT2007 web. Please also note that,
according to the SAINT2007 Organizing Committee, the Workshop is subject
to cancellation when the number submitted of papers will not be enough. 

Organizers:

Stefan ARBANOWSKI, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany, WWRF 
[email-masked] 
Wolfgang KELLERER, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany, WWRF 
[email-masked] 
Masayoshi OHASHI, KDDI, Japan, mITF 
[email-masked] 
Mitsuru UESUGI, Panasonic Japan, mITF 
[email-masked] 

------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kellerer
Senior Manager
Future Networking Lab
Ubiquitous Services Platform
 
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH Landsberger Str. 312
80687 Munich, Germany
 
Tel. +49-89-56824-222
Fax. +49-89-56824-300
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.docomolab-euro.com
------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg