Subject: [P2Prg] CfP: MobileP2P'07 - Update

From: "Kurt Tutschku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:08:19 +0200

(Please apologize for multiple copies)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Call-for-Paper

4th IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P'07)
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mp2p2007

White Plains, NY, USA, March 26/30, 2007

In conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive
Computing and Communications (PerCom’07) http://www.percom.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing is a networking and distributed computing
paradigm which allows the sharing of computing resources and services by
direct, symmetric interaction between computers. The advance in mobile
wireless communication technology and the increasing number of mobile users,
extend the arena of P2P computing to encompass mobile devices and wireless
networks.  The special characteristics of mobile environments, such as
highly variable connectivity, disconnection, location-dependency, resource
constraints, and diversity in wireless networks as well as carrier-grade
performance requirements bring new challenges for research in mobile P2P
computing.

Based on the success of its three predecessors, MP2P’07 is intended to serve
as a continuing forum for scientists and engineers in academia and industry
to exchange and discuss their experiences, new ideas, and research results
about all aspects of mobile P2P computing. 
It will address the challenges, technologies, and architectures leading to
real-world solutions that provide users with direct access and control of
their critical peer-based information and services, regardless of location
or device. The principal theme of MP2P’07 is the development of protocols,
systems and architectures of mobile P2P architectures and the evaluation of
their performance. 

Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architecture and platforms for mobile P2P computing
- Measurement studies on mobile P2P systems
- Performance of mobile P2P services
- Resource and service discovery in mobile P2P computing
- Resource exchange mechanisms in mobile P2P application
- Multicast Protocols in mobile networks
- Energy saving P2P protocols for mobile devices
- Mobile P2P in wirelesss sensor networks
- Security in mobile P2P networks
- Mobile P2P over different kinds of bearer services: 2.5/3G (GPRS/UMTS) /

  802.11 (WLAN)
- Mobile P2P & operator/provider requirements
- Reliability and carrier-gradeness of mobile P2P services
- Mobile P2P SIP
- Mobile P2P & fixed P2P system interworking
- Issues of combining P2P services with mobility (mobile IP / MANET)
- Peer access and control in mobile environment
- Location dependent mobile P2P services
- Data exchange and rendering techniques for mobile devices
- Secure communication protocols for mobile P2P computing
- Mobile P2P messaging systems
- Peer-to-peer broadband wireless communications
- Applications of mobile P2P
- Nature-inspired algorithms for mobile P2P computing
- Theoretical issues on mobile information diffusion
- Mobile P2P video games
- Stimulating cooperation in mobile computing
- Middleware for Mobile P2P applications

Paper Submission: 
-----------------

Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE
proceedings style. All submissions must describe original research, not
published nor currently under review for another conference or journal.

Authors MUST submit their papers through the PERDAS web site
(http://www.percom.org/perdas) in three steps: 

* Creation of a personal account on PERDAS (if the author does not already
  have one)
* Registration of the paper (requiring a short abstract of up to 150 words)
* Upload of the paper. Only in pdf format 

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present the paper. 

There is only one registration for the whole PerCom "convention", all
workshops included. The only exception from the full-registration rule is:
an author can register for her/his paper with a student registration if i)
(s)he is a student AND ii) on of her/his co-authors has a full registration
with PerCom.

All submissions will be reviewed and selected based on their originality of
the paper. Accepted papers must be presented at the workshop and will appear
in a combined PerCom 2007 workshop proceedings published by IEEE Computer
Society Press. 

Authors that present a system in their paper are highly encouraged to
demonstrate also the system in the demo session of the workshop.

Important Dates:
----------------

Papers due:					5pm EST, September 29, 2006
Notification of acceptance		November 25, 2006
Camera-ready papers due	to IEEE	December 22, 2006

Organizing Committee, Program Co-chairs:
----------------------------------------

Kurt Tutschku, 	Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg,
Germany.
               	Acting Chair of Self-Organization and Distributed Systems,
TU Chemnitz, Germany.
John Buford, 	Panasonic Princeton Laboratory, USA.
Li Li, 		Communications Research Center Canada, Canada. 

Steering Board:
---------------

- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
  University.
- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College
  London. 
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North
  Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Germany.

Publicity Chair:
----------------

Kurt Tutschku, 	Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg, 
			Germany 
               	Acting Chair of Self-Organization and Distributed Systems, 
			TU Chemnitz, Germany.

Program Committee Members:
--------------------------

- Arup Acharya, IBM Watson Research Lab, USA.
- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Germany.
- Jiannong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
- Geoff Coulson, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
- Hermann de Meer, Department of Computer Networks & Computer 
  Communications, University of Passau, Germany.
- Franca Delmastro, CNR-IIT ,Pisa, Italy.
- Krishna Dhara, Avaya Labs Research.
- Babak Esfandiari, Carleton University, Canada.
- Stephen Hailes, Department of Computer Science, University College of 
  London, UK.
- Felix Hernandez-Campos, Department of Computer Science, University of 
  North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue    
  University, USA.
- Norihiro Ishikawa, NTT Docomo, Japan.
- Valerie Issarny, INRIA, France.
- Wolfgang Kellerer, DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe, Germany.
- Kazuhiro Kitagawa, Keio University, Japan.
- Rajeev Koodli, Nokia Research, USA.
- Thomas Kunz, Dept. of Systems and Comp. Engineering, Carleton University, 
  Canada.
- Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, , Canada.
- Christoph Lindemann, Depart. of  Communication Networks and Distributed 
  Systems, University of Leipzig, Germany.
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North 
  Carolina at Chapel Hill , USA.
- Rudolf Riedi, Department of Statistics, Rice University , USA.
- George Roussos, School of Computer Science and Information Systems - 
  Birkbeck College, University of London, UK.
- Jochen Schiller, Institute of Computer Science, FU Berlin, Germany.
- Hans-Peter Schwefel, Department of Communication Technology, Aalborg 
  University, Denmark.
- Shervin Shirmohammadi, School of Information Technology and Engineering 
  (SITE), University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Apostolos Traganitis, Telecommunications and Networks 
  Laboratory,University of Crete, Greece.
- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg, 
  Germany.
- Klaus Wehrle, Distributed Systems Group, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
- Chansu Yu, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cleveland 
  State University, USA.
---
Dr. Kurt Tutschku, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg
Department of Distributed Systems
Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland
97074 Wuerzburg
Germany
Tel.: +49-931-8886641
FAX: +49-931-8886632
mailto:[email-masked]
or
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/tutschku

TU Chemnitz
Acting Chair of Self-Organization and Distributed Systems Faculty of
Computer Science Strasse der Nationen 62
09107 Chemnitz
Germany
Tel.: +49-371-531-35514
FAX: +49-371-531-25539
mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg