Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: DAS-P2P 2007: deadline is in 2 weeks

From: Kenji Saito <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:57:25 +0900

*** our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***
*** deadline is in two weeks. submission system is ready ***
*** page limit is 4 pages. we welcome papers that will lead us to
   interesting discussions at the workshop ***

******************************************************************************
* The Second International Workshop on
* Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2007)
* http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/
*
* In conjunction with The 2007 International Symposium on
* Applications and the Internet.
* http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint07/
*
* Hiroshima, Japan
* January 15-19, 2007
******************************************************************************

[CALL FOR PAPERS]

The Second International Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer
Systems (DAS-P2P 2007) is a workshop which focuses on dependability and
sustainability of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, with respect to their designs,
operations, applications and social impacts.

P2P can be a promising technology on which we can depend lives of ours and our
children, upon which we can build sustainable societies.

Designs of P2P systems are characterized by their usage of overlay networks
such that there is symmetry in the roles among participants. This implies
distribution of authorities, not only preventing introduction of single points
of failure, but also assuring a level of autonomy which allows many of us to
spontaneously start, maintain, or recover from failures of, such systems.

Although difficulties exist, such as uncertainty in the trust among
participants, one needs to be aware that such difficulties are, in many parts,
due to our own human nature; depending on P2P is, in fact and literally,
depending on ourselves and our friends, who seem to be the only ones we can
trust anyway, when it comes to our own survival.

The goal of this workshop is to share experiences, insights and new ideas, and
set forth research agendas and suggestive future directions by collaborations
among researchers with different disciplines and with similar interests toward
dependability and sustainability.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant topics:

* Designs and operations of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Self-organization and emergence
  - Attack-resistance
  - Fault tolerance
  - Mobility
  - Sustainable operations
  - Sustainable mutual trust
  - Sustainable reciprocal relationships

* Applications and social impacts of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Sustainable economy
  - Sustainable governance
  - Sustainable lifestyles
  - Rescue activities
  - Post-catastrophic recovery
  - Tackling environmental problems

The program of the workshop will be a combination of invited talks, paper
presentations and discussions.

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS]

The workshop invites your contributions of previously unpublished papers, which
will be selected based on their originality, technical merit and topical
relevance. Papers will also be selected by the likelihood that they will lead
to interesting and fruitful discussions at the workshop.

For information for authors, see the following SAINT 2007 page:
http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint07/author/index.html

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for the submission
procedure.

[PUBLICATION]

Proceedings of the workshop will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press.

[IMPORTANT DATES]

Paper submission due:       September 22, 2006
Notification of acceptance: October 16, 2006
Camera-ready copies due:    November 1, 2006
Author registration due:    November 1, 2006
Workshop:                   January 15-19, 2007 (exact date is TBD)

[REGISTRATION]

Workshop registration will be handled by the SAINT 2007 organization along
with the main conference registration.

It is the IEEE policy that accepted papers can be published only when IEEE
recognized that at least one author has registered for presentation. So,
authors will be requested to register along with the final manuscript. SAINT
Conference Registration fees include a copy of the Conference proceedings, a
copy of the Workshop proceedings, admission to the Conference/Workshop
sessions.

[PROGRAM COMMITTEE]

* Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Roger Dingledine, The Free Haven Project, USA
* Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA Corporation, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudiu Duma, Linkoping University, Sweden
* Debojyoti Dutta, University of Southern California, USA
* Noria Foukia, University of Otago, New Zealand
* Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA
* Achmad Nizar Hidayanto, University of Indonesia, Indonesia
* Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Instritute of Science and Technology, Japan
   (co-chair)
* Anirban Mondal, University of Tokyo, Japan
* Elizabeth Ogston, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
* Akiko Orita, Keio University, Japan
* Omer F Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
* Ben Y. Zhao, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
* Sheng Zhong, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/) for any updates.

-----
For further information, please contact program co-chair Kenji Saito,
Research Institute for Digital Media and Content (DMC), Keio University,
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku Tokyo 108-8345 Japan, e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg