Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: Elsevier FGCS special section on Networks for Grid Applications

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:17:40 +0100

Call for Papers
Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems

The International Journal of Grid Computing:
Theory, Methods and Applications

Special Section on Networks for Grid Applications

Grid developers and practitioners are increasingly realising the
importance of an efficient network support. Entire classes of
applications would greatly benefit from a network-aware Grid middleware,
able to effectively manage the network resource in terms of scheduling,
access and use. Conversely, the peculiar requirements of Grid
applications provide stimulating drivers for new challenging research
towards the development of Grid-aware networks.

Cooperation between Grid middleware and network infrastructure driven by
a common control plane is a key factor to effectively empower the global
Grid platform for the execution of network-intensive applications,
requiring massive data transfers, very fast and low-latency connections,
and stable and guaranteed transmission rates. Big e-science projects, as
well as industrial and engineering applications for data analysis, image
processing, multimedia, or visualisation just to name a few are awaiting
an efficient Grid network support. They would be boosted by a global
Grid platform enabling end-to-end dynamic bandwidth allocation,
broadband and low-latency access, interdomain access control, and other
network performance monitoring capabilities.

As a natural extension of the discussion forum provided by the GridNets
conference series, this special section aims at gathering top-quality
contributions to the most debated topics currently tackled in Grid
networking research. Topics include, but are not limited to:

* Network architectures and technologies for grids
* The network as a first class Grid resource: network resource
information publication, brokering and co-scheduling with other Grid
resources
* Interaction of the network with distributed data management systems
* Network monitoring, traffic characterisation and performance analysis
* Inter-layer interactions: optical layer with higher layer protocols,
integration among layers
* Experience with pre-production Grid network infrastructures and
exchange points
* Peer-to-peer network enhancements applied to the Grid
* Network support for wireless and ad hoc grids
* Data replication and multicasting strategies and novel data transport
protocols
* Fault-tolerance, self healing networks
* Security and scalability issues when connecting a large number of
sites within a virtual organization VPN
* Simulations
* New concepts and requirements which may fundamentally reshape the
evolution of Networks
* Integration of advanced optical networking technologies into the Grid
environment
* End to end lightpath provisioning software systems and emergent
standards

Submission of Papers
====================

The submitted papers should present original work that should not have
been published or be under review elsewhere. Papers concerning works
presented at the Gridnets 2007 conference can be submitted, provided
that new and original results are included. The submitted paper must be
formatted according to the formatting rules of the FGCS
(http://www.elsevier.com/locate/fgcs). Please follow the FGCS guidelines
for more information on paper submission, at 
http://www.elsevier.com/framework_products/promis_misc/gfafuture.pdf

The files should be submitted through the website
http://ees.elsevier.com/fgcs/

Please register at the website and upload editable source files for
manuscript and figures, selecting the article type:
SS: GRIDNETS 2007 - Spinnato

Also include vitae (short biographies and photographs) for all authors.
The system will then prepare a pdf file for approval. When the
“approval” button is clicked, the paper will be submitted.

Please include a cover page which lists the following:

* Title of paper
* Name and affiliation of corresponding author.
* Address and e-mail address of each author.
* Name and affiliation of all authors.
* Address and e-mail address of corresponding author.
* Abstract of paper.
* A maximum of 5 keywords.

Important Dates
===============

Deadline for paper submission: 9 December 2007 
Notification of decision: 31 January 2008 
Revised paper due: 31 March 2008
Publication: to be determined

Guest Editors
=============

Pascale Vicat-Blanc Primet ([email-masked]), INRIA, ENS-Lyon
Michael Welzl ([email-masked]), University of Innsbruck
Piero Spinnato ([email-masked]), LNGS - INFN 
Chris Edwards ([email-masked]), Lancaster University

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg