Subject: [P2Prg] CFP -- PerSeNS 2009 -- IEEE PerCom Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing

From: "Yates, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:12:32 -0400

Dear Colleague,

 Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.

  David Yates
<http://www.bentley.edu/academics-research/faculty_research/faculty_data
base/faculty_detail.cfm?id=1150639&external=yes>  / CIS
<http://cis.bentley.edu/>  / Bentley College <http://www.bentley.edu/>  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fifth IEEE PerCom International Workshop on Sensor Networks and
Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2009)

http://www.ing.unipi.it/persens/

in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2009 (http://www.percom.org/) March
16-20, 2009, Dallas, TX

*****  PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 10, 2008  *****

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Thanks to wireless sensor networks, pervasive computing environments are
becoming a reality. Wireless sensor networks are aggregates of sensor
nodes into sophisticated sensing, computational and communication
infrastructures. These new networks are having a significant impact (and
promises to have even more) on a wide array of applications ranging from
military, to scientific, to industrial, to health-care, to domestic,
establishing ubiquitous computing that will pervade society and redefine
the way in which we live and work.

The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum to exchange ideas,
discuss solutions, and share experiences among researchers,
professionals, and application developers both from industry and
academia. Original papers addressing both theoretical and practical
aspects of sensor networks are solicited. Papers describing prototype
and experimental implementations and deployment of sensor networks and
systems are particularly welcome.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

  - Sensor-based systems and applications

  - Operating systems

  - Middleware and software tools

  - Networking architectures and protocols

  - Data gathering, aggregation and dissemination

  - Topology control

  - Power management and energy-efficient design

  - Time synchronization

  - Location management

  - Sensor networks with mobile elements

  - Cross-layer architectures

  - Intelligent sensor nodes

  - Security and dependability issues

  - Modelling and performance evaluation

  - Measurements

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published,
or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be
limited to 6 pages in IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in
accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/INSTRUCT.HTM).

All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should prepare a
PDF file and submit it through EDAS, according to the submission
instructions that will be made available at the workshop website.
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society in the
combined PerCom 2009 workshops proceedings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

Papers due                    OCTOBER  10, 2008

Notification of acceptance    December 19, 2008

Camera-ready papers due       January   7, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

  Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy  Stephan Olariu, Old
Dominion University, USA

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

  Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland

  Damla Turgut, University of Central Florida, USA

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
  Alessio Vecchio, University of Pisa, Italy

  Jianping Wang, City University of Hong Kong, China

  David Yates, Bentley College, USA

WEB MANAGER

  Sandro Davini, University of Pisa, Italy

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

  TBA

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg