Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: DAS-P2P 2009 - submission site is ready

From: Kenji Saito <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:47:36 +0300

*** our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***
*** submission site is now ready at
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dasp2p2009
***

******************************************************************************
* The Fourth International Workshop on
* Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2009)
* http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/2009/
*
* In conjunction with the 6th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking
* Conference (CCNC 2009)
* http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2009/
*
* Las Vegas, Nevada USA
* January 13, 2009
******************************************************************************

[CALL FOR PAPERS]

The Fourth International Workshop on Dependable and Sustainable Peer-to-Peer
Systems (DAS-P2P 2009) is a workshop that focuses on dependability and
sustainability of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, with respect to their design,
operations, applications, and social impacts.

P2P is a promising technology upon which we can build sustainable societies.

Designs of P2P systems are characterized by their usage of overlay networks
such that there is symmetry in the roles among participants. This implies
distribution of authorities, not only preventing single points of failure, but
also assuring a level of autonomy that allows many of us to spontaneously
start, maintain, or recover from failures of such systems.

Although difficulties exist, such as issues of trust among participants, one
needs to be aware that such difficulties are, in many parts, due to our own
human nature; depending on P2P is, in fact and literally, depending on
ourselves and our friends, who seem to be the only ones we can trust anyway,
when it comes to our own survival.

The goal of this workshop is to share experiences, insights and new ideas, set
forth a research agenda, and suggest future directions by collaborations
among researchers in different disciplines and with similar interests toward
dependability and sustainability.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant topics:

* Designs and operations of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Self-organization and emergence
  - Attack-resistance
  - Fault tolerance
  - Private P2P network
  - Accountable anonymity/pseudonymity design
  - Local-production-local-consumption network
  - Design, analysis, and in-field evaluation of sustainable operations
  - Sustainable mutual trust
  - Sustainable reciprocal relationships
  - Ad-hoc network
  - Mobility

* Applications and social impacts of dependable and sustainable P2P systems
  - Sustainable economy
  - Sustainable governance
  - Life style in accordance with the natural environment of the 21st century
  - Rescue activities
  - Post-catastrophic recovery
  - Global optimization of resource allocation and utilization

The program of the workshop will be a combination of invited talks, paper
presentations and discussions.

The workshop invites your contributions of previously unpublished papers, which
will be selected based on their originality, technical merit and topical
relevance. Papers will also be selected by the likelihood that they will lead
to interesting and fruitful discussions at the workshop.

[AUTHOR'S KIT]

Paper length should not exceed five-page technical paper manuscript. The paper
should be used as the basis for a 20-30 minute workshop presentation.

Standard IEEE Transactions template for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats can be
found at the following URL:
http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html

All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS]

Papers should be submitted at the workshop web site no later than September 1,
2008. After a review process by Organizers and Program Committee of the
Workshop, authors of accepted papers will be requested to send its final
manuscript to IEEE-CS press no later than October 10, 2008. Authors are kindly
requested to submit papers as early as possible to facilitate a review process.

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/2009/) for the submission
procedure in detail.

[IMPORTANT DATES]

Paper submission due:       September  1, 2008
Notification of acceptance: September 12, 2008
Camera-ready copies due:    October 10, 2008
Author registration due:    October 10, 2008
Workshop date:              January 13, 2009

[REGISTRATION]

Workshop registration will be handled by the CCNC 2009 organization along
with the main conference registration.

It is the IEEE policy that accepted papers can be published only when IEEE
recognized that at least one author of accepted papers is registered at the
full registration rate.

[PROGRAM COMMITTEE]

* Nikos Antonopoulos, University of Surrey, UK
* Stephane Bressan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
* Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA Corporation, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudiu Duma, Credit Suisse, Switzerland
* Debojyoti Dutta, Cisco Systems, USA
* Noria Foukia, University of Otago, New Zealand
* Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA
* Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Instritute of Science and Technology, Japan
   (co-chair)
* Anirban Mondal, University of Tokyo, Japan
* Elizabeth Ogston, University of Warwick, UK
* Akiko Orita, Chuo University, Japan (co-chair)
* Omer F Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan (co-chair)
* Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
* Kazuyuki Shudo, Utagoe Inc., Japan
* Sheng Zhong, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

See the workshop web site (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/2009/) for any updates.

-----
For further information, please contact program co-chair Kenji Saito,
Research Institute for Digital Media and Content (DMC), Keio University,
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku Tokyo 108-8345 Japan, e-mail: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg