Subject: [p2prg] CFP: the First International Workshop on Dependable Service-Oriented Computing (DSOC)

From: Lu Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:03:01 +0000

CFP: the First International Workshop on Dependable
Service-Oriented Computing (DSOC) http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/distsys/workshop_dsoc_2010.php

In conjunction with 10th IEEE International Conference on
Computer and Information Technology (CIT 2010) http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~ylwu/CIT2010/

Bradford, UK, 29 June - 01 July, 2010

Supported by IEEE Computer Society

Scope:

Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is concerned with the
structure of service provision and consumption and the infrastructure to
support the interactions. The architecture is made of service suppliers and
consumers, with suppliers advertising through registries or brokers for
consumers to discover. The use of SOA has been motivated by many industries
changing focus from product delivery to service-based delivery. The focus on service
delivery has also been apparent in software, where networking has become
faster, more reliable and more available through reduced cost. The approach to
SOA in software enables business process integration that characterises
business functions as services, and integrates dynamically across departments
and organisations. 

Loose coupling is one of the key architectural principles
of SOA, and this enables services to maintain a relationship that minimises
dependencies and only requires maintaining an awareness of each other. Loose
coupling is an approach where integration interfaces are developed with minimal
assumptions between the sending/receiving parties, thus reducing the risk that
a change in one service will force a change in another service. The loose
coupling of SOA enables service implementations to be inter-changed and
modified. However, service composition and integration is dependent on service
interface definitions and requires management of workflow definitions to
minimise impact on composite services. In the SOA, fast paced changes could be
caused by evolution of services (e.g. adding or removing functions from
services), evolution of service providers, evolution of networks and evolution
of user’s requirements. Changes in these cases could affect the dependability
of service composition and integration. A composite service could be lost if
one of the bound services offering the requested functions is removed by the
service provider, or one of the requested functions that was previously available
is removed or replaced by a different function. 

There are strong needs for improving dependability of
service-oriented computing to make service-oriented systems more reliable,
secure and robust for service provision and delivery. The First International
Workshop on Dependable Service-Oriented Computing aims at collating efforts and
main achievements that contribute to research and development of
service-oriented systems. This workshop will address new issues in design and
development of dependable service-oriented systems as well as new challenges in
modelling and simulation of novel service-oriented architecture. The relevant
topics include, but not limited to:

•     Dependable
distributed systems

•     Security in
Service-Oriented Computing

•     Trust evolution
in large-scale systems

•     Dependable
Cloud Computing

•     Dependable P2P
Computing

•     Service
Composition and Integration

•     Real-time
systems

•     Service-Oriented
P2P systems

•     Dependable
Grid Services 

•     Evolutionary
Service-Oriented Architecture

•     Industrial
Case Study

Paper Submission:

Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original
work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by, other
conferences and journals.  The length of
the papers should not exceed 6 pages + 2 pages for overlength charges (IEEE
Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two columns, single-spaced),
including figures and references, using 10 fonts, and number each page. All
papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to the authors.
The accepted papers will be published together with those of other workshops by
the IEEE Computer Society Press.

Distinguished selected papers accepted and presented in
the workshop, after further extensions, will be published in conference’s special
issues of the following prestigious SCI-indexed journals:

•     The Journal of
Supercomputing – Springer

•     Journal of
Computer and System Sciences – Elsevier

•     Concurrency
and Computation: Practice and Experience - John Wiley & Sons

To submit your paper, please access EasyChair: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dsoc10.
If you do not have an EasyChair account, please obtain one from: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/account_apply.cgi?iid=21166.

Important Dates:

•     Deadline for
paper submission: 26th February 2010

•     Notifications
to authors: 26th March 2010

•     Camera ready
papers: 18th April 2010

•     Registration
Due: 18 April 2010

Organisations:

General Chair:

Prof Jie Xu, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK

Program Chair:

Dr Lu Liu, Middlesex University, London, UK

Publicity Chair:

David Webster, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK

_________________________________________________________________
We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/