Subject: [p2p-sip] What are we doing - question 1

From: RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:56:49 -0400

May be couple of BCP drafts can be created with certain DHTs as example
implementations.

Best regards,
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Krishna Sankar
(ksankar)
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:47 PM
To: Alan Johnston; Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
Cc: P2P-SIP
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] What are we doing - question 1

Good thoughts. Yep, first we need to define the layers, information
model and exchange mechanics. In the process if we can define a generic
DHT mechanism that would be good as well. We should not prematurely
choose a DHT. 

IMHO, any one of them will work and most probably newer ones will be
coming soon to a computer nearby anyway ... Of course, after we have
crisp and clear requirements, having worked on the various documents and
implementations, we could recommend one or two DHT mechanisms that fits
the bill. Most probably we would influence the DHT domain to come up
with more optimized setup for SIP ... 

"A very efficient optimized rat catching cat will not help if we are
looking for a horse" ;o)

Cheers
<k/>