Subject: [P2PSIP] Use of p2psip mailing list for annoucements of non IETF meetings, symposiums, conferences, etc

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:01:55 -0400

P2P is a big area of current research, and there is a lot of activity,
and specifically conferences, symposiums and forums covering various
aspects of peer to peer computing.  p2psip is specific to establishing
multimedia sessions using a peer to peer mechanism, and, although it
uses more general purpose p2p mechanisms for its specific use, it has a
fairly narrowly defined charter.

We are seeing a relatively large number of meeting announcements on the
list with agendas covering a very wide range of p2p research, and we
have had some concerns raised.  Accordingly, the chairs request that
list members NOT post announcements of general peer to peer conferences,
symposiums, workshops, etc.  You are welcome to post announcements of
meetings which are specific to multimedia session establishment using
peer to peer techniques.

Brian

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip