Subject: [P2PSIP] Draft: P2PSIP bootstrapping using DNS-SD

From: Gustavo Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:06:33 +0200

We have submitted a draft documenting a P2PSIP bootstrap mechanism using
DNS-SD that we have implemented in our prototypes.  We hope this is useful
to somebody.  Comments are welcomed.

Until it is officially available you can find it here:
http://195.235.93.189/~ggb/draft-garcia-p2psip-dns-sd-bootstrapping-00.txt

Abstract:
"This document describes a DNS-based bootstrap mechanism to discover
the initial peer or peers needed to join a P2PSIP Overlay. The
document specifies the use of DNS Service Discovery (DNS-SD) and the
format of the required resource records to support the discovery of
P2PSIP peers. This mechanism can be applied in scenarios with DNS
servers or combined with multicast DNS to fulfill different proposed
P2PSIP use cases."

Thanks,
G.

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Jae Woo Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:19:24 -0400

Dear Gustavo,

Thank you for writing this draft.  DNS-SD is definitely a great way  
for locating a P2PSIP admitting peer, and it's good to see that the  
details get specified.

One small thing you might want to fix in the next version: with [I- 
D.lee-sip-dns-sd-uris], I think you meant to reference our draft  
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-01.txt, but it  
points to something else instead.

Regards,
Jae