Subject: [P2PSIP] CFP: Special Issue on Dependable Peer-to-Peer Systems

From: liu lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:07:06 +0000

CFP: Special Issue on Dependable Peer-to-Peer Systems, Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications,
Springer.

http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/CFP_12083_20080415.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-539098-p173740112

Guest Editors

Prof Jie Xu, Dr Lu Liu

School of Computing, University of Leeds, UK

Paper
submission deadline: October 3rd 2008

Background

As an emerging technology, peer-to-peer (P2P) systems
attract attention worldwide, ranging from casual Internet users to venture
capitalists. At the same time, innovations of P2P systems also offer many
interesting avenues of research for scientific communities. As a major design
pattern for future systems opposite to the traditional client-server paradigm,
research on P2P networks is extremely important and could significantly change
the way of day-to-day use of computer systems. However, P2P is sometimes
regarded as a destructive technology rather than a constructive technology by
Internet Service Providers (ISPs). “How to harness the power of
P2P?” and “how to design dependable P2P systems for sustainable
provision of services and integration of services?” are still fundamental
problems. 

There are strong needs for improving the dependability of
P2P systems to make them more secure and robust for service sharing and
delivery. However, developing dependable systems is difficult because various
types of properties can influence the dependability of system. Achieving
dependability in a P2P environment is even more complicated due to the lack of
centralized servers to monitor and control the system. Moreover, the dynamic
nature of P2P systems poses significant challenges to dependability. Existent
P2P systems exhibit high network churns which are usually caused firstly by
peer nodes frequently going online and offline, and secondly by content sharing
and removing. Network churns significantly influence the performance of P2P
systems. In order to provide sustainable services in decentralized P2P systems,
new mechanisms are required to handle network churns in a distributed
environment.

The purpose of this special issue is to collate efforts and
main achievements that contribute to scalability, availability, reliability,
safety and maintainability of P2P systems. This special issue will focus on
fundamental issues in modelling, simulation and design of dependable P2P systems. The relevant
topics include, but are not limited to:

* Dependable distributed systems

* Security in P2P systems

* Self-organizing and self-adaptive
P2P systems

* Self-management of P2P systems

* Social P2P networks

* Collaborative peer groups and
communities

* Resource discovery and management
in P2P systems

* Information retrieval in P2P
systems

* Semantic overlay networks

* Grid Service provision in P2P
systems

* Evolutionary service oriented
architecture

* Content sharing and distribution
in P2P systems

* File swarming

* P2P streaming

* P2P workflow management

Paper Submission

Authors
are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared
in, nor is under consideration by, other journals. 

Springer
offers authors, editors and reviewers of Peer-to-Peer Networking and
Applications a
web-enabled online manuscript submission and review system. Our online system
offers authors the ability to track the review process of their manuscript.

Manuscripts
should be submitted to: http://PPNA.edmgr.com. This online system offers easy and straightforward log-in and
submission procedures, and supports a wide range of submission file formats.

Important Dates

* Paper
submission deadline: October 3rd 2008

*
Notification to authors: January 30th 2009

*
Camera ready papers: February 15th 2009

* Date
of publication: Late 2009

_________________________________________________________________
Make a mini you on Windows Live Messenger!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571437/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip